Lite-On rebadges

Hartlove

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a link or a list of what brands rebadge lite-on DVD writers? I looked on google, but was only able to find a few individual references, nothing tied together.

Believe it or not a great place to check would be Hot deal forums. Those deal seeking connivers have the 411 on all the drives.

I'm aware that pacific digital is a rebadged Lite-on if the serial # starts with a "4", and the ones starting with a "P" are BTC (not as good). What makes the pacific didgital so nice is that many people aren't aware of the quality and they're left unsold, and that you can get a great discount at a brick and mortar store when combining with a rebate & coupon.

Check out our [Hot]Deals forum for current drive deals. A few others would be anandtech hot deals, fatwallet, bensbargains etc etc

Some companies consider the whole "rebadge" issue as sensitive info and don't like to make the information readily available. Example: TDK won't admit they're currently rebadging plextor dvd drives ...

Thanks for all your work in [H]ot Deals, Jetski. I'd like to add, that the Asus DRW0402P/D is a rebadged Pioneer 106, as is the TEAC DV-50D. I know they aren't Lite-Ons, but these are pretty good deals if you can get in on them :)

Back