Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM

ApocalypZ

Limp Gawd
Ok, i just ordered this and a 52x32x52 from newegg for my pc.

I have been hearing rumors that this drive (liton dvd-rom 16/48) has many issues such as the disc still spinning while opening tray and metal scraping inside.

Are these rumors true? What is your experience with this drive?

I never had a disc scratching probem with the 2 LiteOn 16x DVD-ROMs I had (model XJ-HD166). I didn't like how noisy the drives are when spinning up.

I know that most people hate BTC drives, but I found that to be a very quiet and nice drive for my HTPC before I put in a DVD burner.

Well mine is a pooper. Meaning that it is pretty much chillin on my Drive Bay just because I need the black face plate. I was not able to get it to work. However, I have heard from ALOT of people that they love this drive, so if yours work, then you will love it.

This drive doesn't like to read cheap DVD-R media. Otherwise it's pretty good.

no complaints from mine, and I have both the drives you are getting...

IMO, they are some of the best optical drives out there, especially for the price... Can't say Lite-On has ever treated me bad... and that burner rocks btw, It's burned nothing but 52x for me with all the media I've put in it... now if they'll just release some 32x RW media, we'd be set..

Originally posted by Barnaby
no complaints from mine, and I have both the drives you are getting...

IMO, they are some of the best optical drives out there, especially for the price... Can't say Lite-On has ever treated me bad... and that burner rocks btw, It's burned nothing but 52x for me with all the media I've put in it... now if they'll just release some 32x RW media, we'd be set..

Completely agree.. I've got a Lite-On DVD burner (upgraded from a Pioneer A06) and a 52327S CD writer.. love them to death.

Lite-On is in that unfortunate place like Creative is.. They get a bad rep, but they also have more of their products out in the market place than anyone else.. You're just going to have more complaints, that's the way it is...

My Liteon 16x dvd is currently dying (stopped reading some disks, horrible sounds, etc.). Only infrequent use on it too. However, it's the first lite-on drive to give me problems out of a dozen or so.

my lite-on drives are going just fine. I have the 48x burner however and that thing has never given me a problem. Also my friend who has built way more computer than I have swears by them.

Back