Linux Screenshot sucks really really bad

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Totally fucking useless and stupid.

When you want to capture a selection that you need to scroll down the web page to get to the stupid fucking program jumps back to the top of the page when you hit "Selection" and there's no way to move back down the page to make the selection. :dead:

Never seen that happen. Which screenshot program are you using? Pretty much only remember just hitting print screen button to launch the capture program, defining the area to capture, and capturing it. Has worked over any app I ever wanted to capture.

The program is called Screenshot. The print screen button won't work for me, it automatically captures both screens and gives me no other options. Think I'll go looking for a replacement, if there is one.

I don't think I'm using any specific app but Shift + print-screen takes me right to a cursor to draw selection. From there I can simply drag to select and let go> click copy to clipboard or save

I use KDE Spectacle: https://apps.kde.org/spectacle/
Maybe give that program a shot. I haven't had any issues using it to capture all of my monitors, a single monitor, a single program window, or a custom selection. I also have it auto-name screenshot files based on naming parameters I set. The only issue I run into occasionally is that screenshots of program windows will sometimes have a blank area around them which is where the window's shadow usually is.

Most of my captures are custom, this is why it's a big deal to me. I'll check out Spectacle, thanks.

Sounds like you are using Gnome? Go to your hotkey options and look up screenshot. You want your default print screen option set to "Take a screenshot interactively" I think. For this laptop it's called my Launch key.

Screenshot from 2023-07-01 20-27-33.png

Spectacle under KDE Neon = No problem, one of the best screenshot applications I've ever used.

Back