Linux and the A7N8X

GreySkyMan

Weaksauce
I recently just built a new computer, and with other computers, the internet in Linux was already set up for me, I never had to install Lan drivers or any of that. Currently I have Red Hat, but the problem of installing the mobo drivers into Linux also happened with Mandrake. I'm not that experienced with Linux, and I was wondering if it's even absolutely necessary to install the drivers from the NVIDIA CD, or there's some other way. There's a Linux Drivers folder within the CD, and I've extracted the LAN drivers into just my /home/username/3com, but still no dice.

:confused:

edit: sorry jus realized; should be in Linux section. Oh well.

See if nvidia.com has a new set of Nforce2 (i believe thats your motherboard?) drivers.

You probly have to download the specific distro driver if its available, and since both of the distros you mention use RPM's, try to find an RPM package to install.

rpm -ivh [filename] should work I think.

As always though, follow the instructions from Nvidia for installation.

nullvector said:
See if nvidia.com has a new set of Nforce2 (i believe thats your motherboard?) drivers.

You probly have to download the specific distro driver if its available, and since both of the distros you mention use RPM's, try to find an RPM package to install.

rpm -ivh [filename] should work I think.

As always though, follow the instructions from Nvidia for installation.

Thank you very much, posting from Red Hat.

Back