Line-of-Sight RF transmission possibilites which are secure

I'm interested in the possiblity of using some type of secure RF to transmit broadband and phone over 1.2 km and another location that maybe 18-25 miles (can't tell exactly ATM). Internet speed may be 50/5 or 100/12.

What I would like to be able to do is transmit everything but power across a wireless gap for an office. This means Internet & Phone and possibly cable TV. There are 2 sites, each with with different distances to relatively easy utility access. The only thing that I would like to note is that I want the transmission secure so it can't be intercepted (like the phone calls). If broadcasting w/o a permit is an issue, one will be obtained if needed for specific application.

So what would be the most ideal way of doing this with what is available today? I know that I can use wireless G for the 1.2KM and probably get 25-50Mbps both ways.

Is there a way to use one tech/frequency to "encapsulate" phone/internet & possibly cable? I would think there may be a slight delay if changing channels with cable, but I'm thinking this could be similar to satellite in some ways.

Has anyone run into this type of setup before and know what might be the proper solution?

I would look into Ubiquiti AirFiber. I haven't had a circumstance to use it yet myself, but it's designed for that type of thing.

Look into the Airfiber 5x for that. It'll do the distance and speed you want.

If this is regular analogue phone, I don't think there's a way of doing that with 802.11 gear. Same with cable. Unless you can somehow get both of those over IP traffic.

Another vote for AirFiber. As stated by usr/home you will need VoIP to transfer voice across the link.

you could possibly use an ata on both ends to send an analog phone line without using a channel bank and a microwave T1 or something but voip would be a better option

Back