Lindows 4.5 Developer edition, free download.

Originally posted by Marklar
well if its more secure and stable than windows wich im guessing it is since it is linux and they either build in support for windows apps that i doubt will ever happen unless that the only way for ms to make money is by selling thier code or people make good apps and games for it like photoshop, doom3, hl2 ect ect then id say bye bye bill! but till then i will mess around with it and see what it can do but keep my windows boxes.

the original idea was to make it support windows apps. however after the first version they decided to only make it linux. they were a huge source of funding for WineX, the windows emulator for linux. they still like them but its not an official project for lindows.

and those things will never come out for linux, at least not immediatly. no reason to port em over. not in linux's current not-desktop-user-friendly state

Originally posted by Glow
Would this work on a 400Mhz K6 Compaq with 64MB of ram?

Yeah It should. I have it running on a Dual PIII 550 system with 128 megs of ram.

Not too impressed with it however. Prefer something like Mandrake over this. It's boot time was horrible on this system compared to SuSE 9 pro, or Mandrake 9.2.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Originally posted by Stanley Pain
Yeah It should. I have it running on a Dual PIII 550 system with 128 megs of ram.

Not too impressed with it however. Prefer something like Mandrake over this. It's boot time was horrible on this system compared to SuSE 9 pro, or Mandrake 9.2.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain
Whats super user friendly like Lindows that would run well on this compaq?

Hey guys, here's a hint. Lindows if a joke, its crap. Your paying for open source software that you get for free without the hassles on other platforms! Lindows is worse than windows, find a better alternative.

Xandros, Lycoris, redhat, mandrake, lots of stuff. Knoppix, mepis, etc..etc.

Originally posted by Glow

Mandrake has my vote for user friendly Linux. It's my favorite (It's worked well on all the systems I've installed).

I'd say Debian is my fav in the "harder to install" Linux distros (apt is VERY nice).

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Back