Lightweight, small, and elegant printer/scanner

GeForceX

Supreme [H]ardness
I had this posted in another sub-forum but it didn't get much attention. I thought I'd try this as a last resort.

I remembered seeing one of those small, portable, lightweight printers that you could go to business meetings with. The printer was just as small as a laptop and you were able to print by placing a piece of paper or two in the paper feeder in the rear. If you wanted to scan a document, all you had to do was place the document into the feeder and it would automatically print a copy to another blank piece of paper. It was simple and elegant and doesn't take up space at all. Does this still exist? If not...

I'm looking for a printer that's $200 or less that prints color and makes copies as well. It would be equipped with wireless networking. But the key factor is that it should be small and elegant to be placed next to a HTPC in the living room. Any suggestions?

Printers in general are big bulky ugly boxes and quality control is often very random on printers.

The type of printer you are referring to still exist, but they cost way more than 200$. The Canon Pixma iP100 comes close to what you want (just over 200$), but it lacks wireless and scan.

Other mentionable printer series are the Brother PocketJet models and HP Officejet Mobile models

I currently use a Brother DCP-J315W, and I can recommend it, as it works fine for me.
It fits you price criteria.
You can use non original cartridges to bring print price down a little.
The power cable is on the side allowing it to stand flush against the wall, making it stand out a little less.
But it is far from small :-(

If you buy it you may end up with a completely different experience, but that is the chance you take with printers these days.

EDIT:
Should note the compact models cost way more than 200$ if you want color print + scan + wireless.
small monocrome models USB connected models can be had around 200$
and color models such as the HP Officejet H470b are less than 200$, but they are not very mobile (13.4 x 7.28 x 3.25 in and 5 lb) and still lack wireless and scan.

Last edited:
Back