Lighting solution that fits in/replaces fans in case fan slots?

poisonborz

n00b
As I rebuild my PC I realised I no longer need any case fans - apart from the (really silent) GPU and CPU fans I no longer need the 4+1 (small+top large) fans in my case - I only use SSDs and don't overclock so there is not much heat to push, I hate to always have to clean dust filters, they waste energy and add more noise.

The one thing I liked about them is their glowing. Could you recommend solutions to effectively fill their space with some lights? I only found LED strips but they seem to be difficult to install to fan positions for a novice.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All your CPU and GPU fans are going to do is heat up the air inside your case to the point of thermal saturation - and then they will quit cooling your components - if you run with no case fans at all... Unless you've got some kind of relatively open-air chassis.

You should really run at least one intake and exhaust. They don't have to be going full bore if noise is a problem, but you need some air movement.

All your CPU and GPU fans are going to do is heat up the air inside your case to the point of thermal saturation - and then they will quit cooling your components - if you run with no case fans at all... Unless you've got some kind of relatively open-air chassis.

You should really run at least one intake and exhaust. They don't have to be going full bore if noise is a problem, but you need some air movement.
If you have a really cool-running CPU, a decent top mount power supply will probably exhaust enough for it, but otherwise yeah, either a very well ventilated case (open top especially) or at least one intake and exhaust, as pb said.

Back