Lies Of P

This is the only game I have preordered because it doesn't look like trash Iiked the Demo but hated the last Boss. I think when you get upgrades with the main character it's really going to swing

Speaking of the last boss, when you defeat him it shows at the bottom in kinda fuzzy text 'You could've given the king a real festival'.
Is there any meaning to these cryptic messages,or just babble?
Actually took me a few minutes to figure out what it said, I managed to snap an ss just as it was on there.

preview build from June:

"What Lies of P definitely seems to get right even in this early build on PC is performance, which seems to have become a rarity lately with so many broken PC ports...the game not only pre-compiles shaders for a better experience, but it also runs great with no stuttering whatsoever, even with a lot going on, features a lot of graphics options, support for both AMD FSR 2 and NVIDIA DLSS (though not Frame Generation), framerates up to 240 FPS and more...with DLSS at the quality preset and high settings, the game runs at an average of 100 FPS on my system (i7-10700 CPU, RTX 3070 GPU, and 16 GB RAM), so there's no doubt that the developer did some great optimization work, something that much bigger teams seem unable to do for some reason"...

https://wccftech.com/lies-of-p-hands-on-preview/

^ Interesting stuff and def unique. This has got a lot going on with it for sure, enemy types seem to have good variety, the weapon customization also seems pretty cool and the gauntlet stuff, and the environment is looking very nice as well.

The more I see, the more I like. I think I may be even more interested in this than The LotF at this point.

^ Interesting stuff and def unique. This has got a lot going on with it for sure, enemy types seem to have good variety, the weapon customization also seems pretty cool and the gauntlet stuff, and the environment is looking very nice as well.

The more I see, the more I like. I think I may be even more interested in this than The LotF at this point.

it's going to be on Game Pass as well so it's a good way of trying out the game...I'm still looking forward to LOTF more but Lies of P has a lot of potential

The deluxe edition you get EA but going to skip it because it lands on Friday. I still have the game Preordered.

Pinocchio-meets-Dark Souls game Lies of P cut 'ACAB' reference to avoid controversy

Game director Ji-Won Choi confirmed that the APAB banner seen in early promotional materials stood for All Puppets Are Bastards...the message is obviously a play on ACAB, an acronym meaning All Cops Are Bastards...

https://www.pcgamer.com/pinocchio-m...ct-everyone-who-might-want-to-play-this-game/
I have never heard of the ACAB acronym but probably a good call to not have something closely related to that in the game.

Lies of P review– the best Soulslike since Elden Ring

During my Lies of P review adventure I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's much more than just another Soulslike or a budget Bloodborne...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/lies-of-p/review

"Not Perfect, But It's Shockingly Close"- Lies Of P Review

Lies of P is an exceptional dissection of the soulslike genre, bolstered by its strong setting and endearing cast, including its puppet protagonist...

https://screenrant.com/lies-p-game-review/

So many games coming out this weekend, WTF.

https://opencritic.com/game/15437/lies-of-p
1694618400827.png

I think I'll really like the game unlike Elder Scrolls which was too big to take in. This game looks more canned in level design.

This is getting excellent reviews...I was waiting for reviews before buying but now I'm considering paying for the 3-day Early Access with the Digital Deluxe version (with the state of PC ports nowadays I always wait for reviews first for all games not made by From Software)

For some reason I was thinking Neowiz was a Polish Dev team, but it turns out they're actually Korean. I did not know that. I mean it doesn't matter, just making an observation :)

I might very well day 1 this here also. I hate paying $60 for games, but after Atlas Fallen being a no-go for me, I really want to put some time into something new and have been gravitating towards the souls-like formula for a little while now. (btw Atlas Fallen is already on sale for like $35 iirc, if anyone's interested lol)

I'm debating playing this on Game Pass PC and waiting for a sale to actually buy...with the rumor that Horizon Forbidden West is coming to PC next month it adds another game to the long list of titles I want to play in Sept/Oct- Lies of P, Cyberpunk 2077 +Phantom Liberty, Lords of the Fallen, Alan Wake 2

This looks really good, I’m adding it to my after I’m not so broke list for sure. The art style is very nice, and I’ma sucker for the souls genre.

Reactions: horse
like this
sounds like PC performance is also excellent at launch which is a rarity nowadays...doesn't have many advanced graphical features like RT so that probably helps
-----

Lies of P is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and supports both NVIDIA DLSS 2 and AMD FSR 2.0...furthermore, the game will pre-compile your shaders when you first launch it...as such, you won’t get any annoying shader compilation stutters during gameplay

at Native 8K on Max Settings, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 was able to run the game with over 30fps...then, when we enabled NVIDIA DLSS 2 Quality Mode, we were able to get close to 60fps...at the end of the video, in the open-world area, we saw some drops to the mid-50s...however, since we’re talking about 8K, I’m pretty sure that those interested in gaming at such a high resolution can drop the quality of DLSS 2 to Performance Mode...by doing this, you can easily achieve over 60fps in 8K/Max Settings

this may be one of the most optimized PC games of 2023...yep, an Unreal Engine 4 game can actually run smoothly on a wide range of GPUs without any stutters...

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...in-native-8k-max-settings-on-nvidia-rtx-4090/

I'm debating playing this on Game Pass PC and waiting for a sale to actually buy...with the rumor that Horizon Forbidden West is coming to PC next month it adds another game to the long list of titles I want to play in Sept/Oct- Lies of P, Cyberpunk 2077 +Phantom Liberty, Lords of the Fallen, Alan Wake 2

I am going to play this on GamePass and buy The Lords of the Fallen. I think a month is enough time to be done with this by the time LotF comes out. Man what a time for gaming

I am going to play this on GamePass and buy The Lords of the Fallen. I think a month is enough time to be done with this by the time LotF comes out. Man what a time for gaming
Both excellent choices imo update the thread with some fresh pictures as you go please.

Game is live today if you want to pay for Deluxe version. I'll just wait till Tuesday.

I had a weird glitch where my game disappeared while I had the regular edition already but it disappeared. So I bought the deluxe edition and that made the game reappear.

Last edited:
I downloaded the game and there's already a dealbreaker for me- the game doesn't allow you to remap the movement keys...it's hardlocked to WSAD and I always use the arrow keys...this needs to be patched

I've never used PC GamePass, is this going to be on there? Meaning I can sub for a month for 10 bucks and play through it?

I downloaded the game and there's already a dealbreaker for me- the game doesn't allow you to remap the movement keys...it's hardlocked to WSAD and I always use the arrow keys...this needs to be patched
Yeah I remember the demo not allowing you to bind certain keys, the alt key for example. Hopefully they 'fix' this.
Worst case you could always autohotkey wasd to the arrow keys, but yeah you shouldn't have to do that...

Yeah I remember the demo not allowing you to bind certain keys, the alt key for example. Hopefully they 'fix' this.
Worst case you could always autohotkey wasd to the arrow keys, but yeah you shouldn't have to do that...

Jedi Survivor also had the same issue and I needed to use a mod (from Nexus Mods) which allowed to use the arrow keys for movement...this is such a basic feature that some developers seem to struggle with...

I never used AutoHotkey before...seems complicated...is it easy to use?
The scripting feature can get complicated, but the key redirection is as simple as key binding in any other application. If you have any kind of "gaming" keyboard you can also use their software to do it, instead. Corsair iCUE and Logitech GHub are both pretty easy to use.

Back