Lian Li PE-550/750 SFX-L 80+ Gold/Plat PSUs

Sweet, more choices! Glad to see competition picking up.

I couldn't bother making a new thread, so I posted about the PE-750 in the Silverstone SX700-LPT thread. It's good to see more options in this area though. I wonder if this means Lian Li will have some SFX oriented cases coming out, I'm hoping for a compact MATX with that 750W PSU.

That 750 is RMS800W...if that thing doesn't howl like a banshee I can't imagine needing more power than that ever...

I couldn't bother making a new thread, so I posted about the PE-750 in the Silverstone SX700-LPT thread. It's good to see more options in this area though. I wonder if this means Lian Li will have some SFX oriented cases coming out, I'm hoping for a compact MATX with that 750W PSU.

lowvolu.me actually had a good segment about it in their livestream today. LianLi already has some SFX cases and they even had an SFX PSU in the past (300W, OEM FSP). Most of the older cases in that segment (Q12, Q19, Q20, Q21) are very much oriented to shorter GPUs, though. But recently, they started pairing long GPUs with SFX-only support in cases like the PC-O5 and the PC-Q17, and maybe they want to go further.

lowvolu.me actually had a good segment about it in their livestream today. LianLi already has some SFX cases and they even had an SFX PSU in the past (300W, OEM FSP). Most of the older cases in that segment (Q12, Q19, Q20, Q21) are very much oriented to shorter GPUs, though. But recently, they started pairing long GPUs with SFX-only support in cases like the PC-O5 and the PC-Q17, and maybe they want to go further.
Nice, I guess I meant to say more power hungry SFX designs, because as you say, they do have quite a few SFX designs but most of those were designed around relatively low wattage PSUs of the time. The Q17 is the only one that supports longer GPUs (270mm) but it fits an ATX PSU also so that doesn't really count :p The O5/O5s is strictly SFX, but only supports up to 190mm GPUs.

I mean it was only with Maxwell that we started to get less power hungry GPUs and smaller ones like AMD's Nano, with more powerful compact PSUs. This has already resulted in some interesting compact power user designs, but hopefully with Lian Li selling these kind of PSUs they have cool stuff in the works. As I mentioned before I'm hoping for an MATX design and while Lian Li has lots of different ITX cases they have very few MATX ones. The ones they do have (V Series) are pretty bulky or waste a bunch of space with 5 1/4" slots like the A04.

Issue with Lian Li cases is that they aren't very good at actual case designs. Their cooling and airflow leaves a lot to be desired.

For those interested,

The 750 watt SFX-L PSU from Lian Li is on sale at newegg right now for 105 USD after you apply a promo code.
(Link)
Its a pretty good price seeing as most of the SFX and SFX-L competition is priced higher. Though I'd make sure to check out it's reviews as it sounds like they have shown it to be a bit inferior in design when compared to other units of a similar tier.

Pretty nice price for a platinum psu I must say.

Last edited:
Back