Lian-Li Case Parts

EchtoGammut

2[H]4U
I am looking to purchase some replacement face plate mounting standoffs for a Lian Li PC-A04B as all of them broke when I removed the front to clean the filters (appears to be a known defect based on reviews, but Lian-Li isn't replacing them). FrozenCPU seems to stock them, but I can't recall if they were the vendor that had major customer issues or it was another liquid cooling vendor. Does anyone know if FrozenCPU is okay to order from or if there is another vendor?

I'd stay away fro FCPU. They're trying to get back up and running, but still is very questionable.

Thanks, those two did not come up when I googled for parts. I was a bit hesitant to order from FCPU and since the build using that case is on hold until my Corsair AX power supply comes back from warranty replacement there wasn't a rush, but I didn't want to throw $11 out the window either.

I've been out of the PC mod scene for a while. What happened with FrozenCPU?

Looks like there was some kind of vandalism, firing or voluntary departure of staff, and some other issues which led to them almost shutting down. They're supposedly trying to reopen, but it's probably worth staying away for now.

Sources:
ThinkComputers Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Reddit post with a quote from a now defunct Facebook page

That's too bad. FCPU was one of the first places I would turn to when looking for Lian Li parts among other things.

Edit: Looks like some of the former FCPU employees set up a new shop at ModMyMods.

I recently ordered some items from ModMyMods. Fast service and good communication. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Anyone ever order from CoolerGuys.com?

They are the only place I can find that have the 5.25" Silver Bays for my old PC70 case in stock and not 15+ dollars for shipping.

Anyone ever order from CoolerGuys.com?

They are the only place I can find that have the 5.25" Silver Bays for my old PC70 case in stock and not 15+ dollars for shipping.

I have. They are legit. No issues.

I have. They are legit. No issues.

OK, thanks, they looked legit, but it's good to know others have ordered from there.

A cross country move and all the extra parts I had are MIA. Luckily it's not expensive to replace what I'm missing.

Back