Lian-Li Announces Availability of the DK-05 Motorized Adjustable PC Desk

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Lian-Li has finally made the DK-05 motorized PC desk case available. The DK-05 was first shown at Lian-Li's booth at CES this years, and since then they say they have added more cooling and flexibility into this iteration. The desk can hold two complete workstations under the tinted tempered glass surface, fitting up to E-ATX motherboards. All 12 120mm fan locations come with fans pre-installed, and the two independent front panels contain 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1x HDMI, HD Audio, power button, and dials for adjusting RGB LEDs. Under the right side front panel is where you will find the desk height controls.

I've been intrigued by desk PCs since back in 2010 when L3p made the D3sk. While I've always wanted one, I've struggled to find a pre-made that I felt was big enough to comfortably work on. It appears Lian-Li has fixed that. While not quite 10k, it does come in at $1,989.99 plus $119.99 shipping, and is available now on newegg.

The DK-05 is the last computer chassis you’ll ever need. With space for two EATX motherboards, cooling equipment, and storage, the DK-05 can house two complete high-performance workstation systems under its luscious tempered glass surface.

Standing at your desk has already been debunked several times over. 20/20, top sports medicine people, Doctors and Scientists. Also, common sense.

People have never ever sat at their desks to the point it was ever dangerous. In fact, you get enough exercise in one day of work to last you the entire week.

There is walking into work, there is leaving work, there are meetings, breaks and lunch. There are bathroom breaks, trips to get coffee as well as visiting with other co-workers and random and general misc movement, stretching etc

Waste of money and in my eyes the worst kind of marketing gimmickry.

nice desk, if the price isn't to bad i might buy one.

Standing at your desk is much better for you, than sitting. The main reason is posture, but it does help you burn more calories. It's not healthy to sit down for 8 hours a day everyday.

I would think that standing is better than sitting. Although, I'm still mostly partial to my sitting. Sort of hard to fit a lot of monitors on those things.

nice desk, if the price isn't to bad i might buy one.

Standing at your desk is much better for you, than sitting. The main reason is posture, but it does help you burn more calories. It's not healthy to sit down for 8 hours a day everyday.

Research this topic on Google if you're so inclined. I think it would open your eyes.

People say drinking bottled water is better for you too ................

Had a field tech job where my two coworkers thought it was funny that I often requested of customers a flat surface and a chair. I thought that standing over the work at hand was moronic.

Ugh...petal style USB ports, they always look so cheap. My Fractal has solid ones and they look so much better. It's the little things.

Be nice to have stop points . I'm over 6 foot and it's hard to find a good compermise between desk hight and chair hight. If my chair is to high to meet my desk then it kills my knees because my legs are kind of hanging there. Then the other way my arms kill me because I can't rest them on the desk. This desk looks killer . If I could maybe get it on sale for around 1500 I might would pick it up. Then my wife would want one and I would be out 3k lol

Be nice to have stop points . I'm over 6 foot and it's hard to find a good compermise between desk hight and chair hight. If my chair is to high to meet my desk then it kills my knees because my legs are kind of hanging there. Then the other way my arms kill me because I can't rest them on the desk. This desk looks killer . If I could maybe get it on sale for around 1500 I might would pick it up. Then my wife would want one and I would be out 3k lol
9 mg boron a day.

Impressive ... I kind of like it. As I'm 24/7 crunch the cooling capabilities are more then welcome. And with the glass I can see my GPUs working.

Did I missed in the video how the glass plate get lifted to maintain the internals ? I guess that one is heavy.

I'm a small form factor enthusiast. This is a HUGE case.

Philosophically however... Is this a massive case or is it the biggest-smallest form factor of all by being the desk as well....

Standing at your desk has already been debunked several times over. 20/20, top sports medicine people, Doctors and Scientists. Also, common sense.

People have never ever sat at their desks to the point it was ever dangerous. In fact, you get enough exercise in one day of work to last you the entire week.

There is walking into work, there is leaving work, there are meetings, breaks and lunch. There are bathroom breaks, trips to get coffee as well as visiting with other co-workers and random and general misc movement, stretching etc

It's not part of the marketing gimmicks, but the real use to a facilities department is supporting office moves without needing to devote maintenance staff resources to adjusting fab desk heights.

As a user it's also nice to adjust the desk to different heights for different seating postures throughout the day.

This is incredible! Instead of a tower parked where you can accidentally kick it or just for space saving alone this is totally worth it!

And the access makes this totally worth it as well!

The ONLY downside is cost!

Ask someone like me who has problematic flair ups of the sciatic nerve. Standing is the only relief. Sitting is painful as hell. Firm believer of Desks that can convert.

No, a downside is your system is built into your furniture, so when you change one you gotta change both. Like 25 years ago I screwed a motherboard with spacers into the underside of my desk, it worked ok...I was going to do the same thing for my MAME cab, just have the hardware strapped or bolted to the sidewalls of the cabinet, but in the end
those towers make sense. Why? They do the job of gathering up all your computer wires cables into a nice little easily-moved box. While stylish and hip, this desk does defeat that.

How much weight can the desk support, if you strap a 50" 4K Samsung to the back of that thing with a clamp is it still going up and down? Understand, my main concern would be the system used to raise and lower the desk, if that gives way and the desk
"collapses" or "deflates" depending on the weight on top. If there's a little air-over-oil hydraulic setup here, I'm good, if its some crapply plastic gearing.....well....

I think it said the price was like 2000$?
I mean if you're really into desks like this, you can get the motorized adjustable base for around 400$ on amazon and make it into a diy project.

The old 10k desk reference, thats going back a while. Who was it that had that made on here? :)

I think there needs to be an [H] review done on this... the DK-04 reviews on the Egg are not exactly encouraging (mainly from the customer support side) with the lift mechanisms failing and having a small space for the PSU.

How much weight can the desk support, if you strap a 50" 4K Samsung to the back of that thing with a clamp is it still going up and down? Understand, my main concern would be the system used to raise and lower the desk, if that gives way and the desk
"collapses" or "deflates" depending on the weight on top. If there's a little air-over-oil hydraulic setup here, I'm good, if its some crapply plastic gearing.....well....

The site fails to mention the limit on the -05, but the table load limit on the -04 is stated at 100Kg... So that should leave you with somewhere around 190lb of load available..

No, a downside is your system is built into your furniture, so when you change one you gotta change both...

I don't even... you realize you can just take the components out and put them in a normal case, right? You do not have to weld them in.

Everything I never wanted!

LIAN LI motto should be minimalist designs for maximalist prices!

All their cases have that distinct look that they're only made out of sheet metal cut at right angles and nothing else.

Plus all their cases are sold at roughly 2-3x the price of their actual worth. Except this, because this goes for about 10x the price. Anyhow, why would I want to put my pc into my desk? So I have to take everything off the desk when I want to access the case? Seriously impractical idea.

Last edited:
You could lift your desk using a floor jack then resting it safely on jack stands, voila a standing desk for under 200 bucks.

You could lift your desk using a floor jack then resting it safely on jack stands, voila a standing desk for under 200 bucks.

Forget the jack stands, cinder blocks! Buy in the next 12 hours and we'll throw in a pair of overalls!

Be nice if Lian Li would get with the times. The cable management of their last few cases has been terrible.

I have an A04 and while cables were a pain I managed to make it look pretty good. I'd like to aee an all aluminum inspired copy of something like the Fractal R5. It's like cable holes/grommets placed in ideal/sensible positions is foreign to them.

I'd rather just get Edward Dillinger's desk. You'll only need to sit at it once every few weeks to get an update on which companies it has taken over since your last visit.

latest

Back