Lian Li A05B ghetto bezel mod

haadij404

2[H]4U
Just wanted to share what some insomnia and cheapness could produce. Looking through the Lian Li galleries here I have seen people do this also and it was interesting me. Seeing StlthMd's post really hit home that having an aluminum bezel can tie it all together...

So yeah I love the sleek look of the A05B but my dvd burner looked horribly out of place on an otherwise clean face.

I got the 5.25 cover out and cut the sides off so it would fit. Got some superglue, tape and cardboard to secure it to the cd tray. Put some cardboard on the eject button so when i push the right side the tray will come out.

heres before

dsc01178an6.jpg

and after

much much better.
dsc01268gh0.jpg

nice and flush with the faceplate
dsc01274sk6.jpg

tray ejected
dsc01273ew4.jpg

true ghettoness with the tape, cardboard and superblue helping to hold it all together
dsc01275pu3.jpg

here you can see the cardboard on the eject button. it matches up so i can push in slighty on the cover and it ejects like normal.
dsc01276wf0.jpg

im proud of myself. I was so close to buying the bezel online but i figured hey maybe i can do this and save myself $20. it looks pretty slick and happy with the final result.

so yeah its pretty easy to do and it looks nice and you can save some dough.

Very nice. Might end up doing that to mine. Just.. in a more secure, non-ghetto way.

OMG, I just saw your pic in the Lian Li thread, and THIS is how you do it ~ ~ haha, nice work, I'll think about ghetto'ing it too to make it look this awesome

yeah this is a pretty old trick for "stealthing" (thats what they call it) the drives on the cheap. Looks like you did a good job with yours.

yeah this is a pretty old trick for "stealthing" (thats what they call it) the drives on the cheap. Looks like you did a good job with yours.

ahh thats the word i was looking for lol.

its pretty nice how you can do this for free and still make it look nice.

thanks for all the positive comments guys. appreciate it.

this mod is amazing. at first i was wondering how you would eject it without the button, but then i saw that ghetto cardboard square, haha. ghetto but efficient and sleek mod!

I have a real Lian Li cover and I still like this mod. I didn't feel like hacking up a face plate to do it but nothing is cleaner than the full stealth look. I'm pretty happy with the new bay cover, but I still dig the it's not there look this gives. I'm sure you could de-ghetto it with some small tube stock or even square dowel or something and some creativity, though the squishyness of the cardboard probably makes slapping the eject button a little easier than if you had something real solid between the plate and the tray.

Ghetto works! No more fugly! Doublesided tape and some cut metal circles, so not as ghetto but still pretty damn ghetto!

Ghettomod.jpg

^^^ Looks nice but maybe have it stick out a little bit more out so it's 100% flush. it's 98% flush from the looks of it. Love that case btw.

I have the Lian Li covers too on my box, but this just seems so slick. Thanks to the OP... I might have to try this out next time.:)

Here's my A16 with the stealth drive

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2315/dsc2496.jpg[IMG][/URL]
[IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2192/dsc2501g.jpg[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

very nice. looks so clean and sleek.

Back