LG OLED wins the 2017 TV SHOOTOUT

realworld

Limp Gawd
http://www.avsforum.com/ce-week-2017-annual-tv-shootout-results-lg-e7-oled-wins/

This year’s competition was between six TVs from five manufacturers, all at a 65″ screen size. The TVs were the LG E7 OLED, Sony A1E OLED, Sony Z9D LCD, Samsung Q9F LCD, Vizio P Series LCD, and a suprise last-minute entry from Westinghouse, the WA65UFA1001 Amazon Fire TV Edition LCD. Also on hand was a $30,000 Sony BVM-X300 mastering/grading OLED monitor that provided a true reference.

tdlr: They tested and compared many flagship TVs including OLEDs and LCDs. A $30k+ Sony OLED reference monitor was used as a source of reference. The LG E7 OLED TV was extremely close to the ridiculously expensive reference monitor, thus declared the best TV, if not the best consumer display in the world.

P.S: According to LG, all LG OLED models have the exact same picture quality. The 65C7P can be bought for $2500 right now. This is a YUGE step forward for consumer OLED displays that can arguably give OLED reference monitors a run for their money in anything but brightness (we're talking about Dolby's 4000 Nits monitor lol).

I actually read that they are releasing OLED monitors next year! That would be great!

Reactions: HA5
like this
You can get the 65 for $2500? Where at? Cheapest I can find is about $2830 on ebay.

If only they could finally start releasing smaller OLED TVs next year, I want one but I want one that fits in our ridiculously smallish living room with windows or door openings everywhere, 46~49" would be the perfect size, 55" is little bit too large, I don't care about cost, if a budget 46" OLED would still be like $2000, I'd still buy it, I just want one that fits in the room. lol

Back