LG DM2792, IPS glass screen

coolhandm3

Limp Gawd
Hey Everyone, looks like this panel is starting to leak into the market overseas. I would imagine it will be in the states soon I hope.

I have found on the LG cinema tvs that the AG film can be removed, just like you would remove on a iphone etc. Very easy and gives the picture a clear glass image! So you can more then likely do that to this monitor aswell as it is setup the same as LG's cinema tvs.

PICS at overclock.net forum.

My only concern is that currently I play on a 23 inch 1080p f2380mx sammy monitor and wonder if moving up to 27 inch will be a negative? At least the LG is IPS so color uniformity should be excellent!

Would IPS have less blur then the F2380mx?? I think the f2380mx is HORRIBLE for games because of the blurring.

NCX?? insights?

Last edited:
Interesting! Do you happen to know the model number of this particular LCD display?

LG DM2792.

This should have much less blur than the F2308MX. Most recent IPS panels are very fast. Some of the LG panels (IPS231P/236V) have been really slow, so no gauntnesses. 1080p is fine on a 27" as long as you sit 60cm (2ft) away.

LG DM2792.

This should have much less blur than the F2308MX. Most recent IPS panels are very fast. Some of the LG panels (IPS231P/236V) have been really slow, so no gauntnesses. 1080p is fine on a 27" as long as you sit 60cm (2ft) away.

Thanks for the reply! I would say I am a foot, foot and a half away from the screen, I had for alittle bit the samsung s27a750d and didnt feel it was that bad clarity wise sitting that close BUT I really dont like the look of TN panels compared to IPS.

Lets hope this panel comes out soon, I will be sure to post a review!

Why are you stealing bandwidth from overclock.net? Since you don't even post a source for those pictures, at least re-host them!

Back