LG 34UM65 monitor on sale

Man. I wish I had a reason. I have LG IPS LED panels right now and love them!

Not a comment on the effort of finding the deal, but I think these 1080 ultra wide resolutions are pointless...

Not a comment on the effort of finding the deal, but I think these 1080 ultra wide resolutions are pointless...

No complaints here. I'll never go back to 16:9 for gaming.

I prefer higher pixel density of 1440 screen, but how pointless?

Its a different format is all, and 21:9 has advantages:
1) Its basically two 4:3 monitors together without a bezel, which with Windows 7 docking makes split screen work very productive.
2) When editing video and the like, or really just anything that can benefit from really wide views, you get it without an annoying bezel in the middle.
3) 21:9 is a popular movie format now, so you get maximum usage of your realestate.
4) After gaming at 21:9, I just can't go back to 16:9 all else equal. Now granted you can still effectively do 21:9 with a bigger 16:9 screen, but by that logic you can say the same about 4:3. In practice, this would be a good resolution for someone that can't afford the graphics card to push a 3K resolution of their higher res version 3440x1440 pixels.

I thought the same thing that it might be a gimmick until I tested it in store, really liked it, and now I'm a convert albeit at 3K. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MFMw4vBghwc/maxresdefault.jpg

But you do have to ask yourself, are two smalling 1080p monitors without a bezel in the middle worth $500 to you?

Now that's for a monitor though, for a TV or projector I'd probably stick with 16:9 since that's what most of your TV shows and what not will be in.

Very good monitor, overall. Factory calibrated, or at least mine was. Good colors, gamma, and grayscale as a result. The resolution is more than fine for me. Easier for folks to drive without dropping 1k on video card SLI/crossfire setups, too. Just take note that most seem to have some backlight bleed.

Back