Lenovo x220t touchpad

AQ_OC

2[H]4U
The touchpad and gone nuts. I can barely type a post without the cursor jumping around in some unpredictable way.

I don't need a new laptop, frankly, but this is driving me nuts. I've always had bad luck with touchpads except on the MBA, but I'm a Windows guy and some I like to use the x220t (besides the fact that I need the digitizing screen). If I can't get this fixed then I'm going to be forced to retire this laptop, as I need to get real work done.

I figure I'm missing the UltraNav driver or something. I see no signs of it on my system. In fact, I can't seem to find any way to enable/disable the touchpad. I need to disable the entire thing, including both buttons and all touch/click/swipe functions. I don't mind the little knob which is surrounded by the g,h,& b keys.

How can I get this done?

TIA.

Edit: Just figured out the Fn+F8 key. Something pops up with options. I have enabled touchpoint only. But when I look at UltraNav settings, I see that the touchpad is disabled, the option for using pointing device for scrolling and tap zone is still selected. I think I need this off too.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I still cannot reliable type on this laptop. I'm not sure what has happened..it was not always like this, but I can't seem to disable this touchpad thing. I think I inadvertently press the right button. It is right below the space bar, so I think it is my right thumb which activates this button.

No, but I will try them next. I can't believe this laptop has become all but usable.

Thanks for the link.

Back