Lenovo Legion Pro 7i 13900HX RTX4080 32GB 1TB - $2202.03

CruisD64

2[H]4U
Cheapest this laptop has ever been. Just ordered one. Need to use Coupert extension to get this price. It saves $100. Mine shows $2242 because I got the extra warranty.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/lapt...0002us?orgRef=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

lenovo1.PNG

lenovo.PNG

EDIT: 4090 version is 2564 on the site so 2464 with the Coupert thing-a-ma-bobber.

Last edited:
Great laptop! I went through 5 laptops before landing on the RTX 4090 Micro Center Platinum variant. Got it for $2,659.99 ($2,799.99 sale price plus 5% card discount).

The RTX 4080 is like 95%+ of the RTX 4090 - so this is a great deal!!!!

Last edited:
Great laptop! I went through 5 laptops before landing on the RTX 4090 Micro Center Platinum variant. Got it for $2,659.99 ($2,799.99 sale price plus 5% card discount).

The RTX 4080 is like 95%+ of the RTX 4090 - so this is a great deal!!!!

How's the screen? I REALLY wanted mini led but the specs on this thing are just too good to pass up for the price. I'm used to OLED's everywhere...

How's the screen? I REALLY wanted mini led but the specs on this thing are just too good to pass up for the price. I'm used to OLED's everywhere...
Screen is excellent. I had the SCAR 16 with that awesome screen - not worth it for how HOT that bad boy was. I liked the SCAR 16 so much I bought a retail one and I also tried getting a custom (re-pasted one) - no good. Stick with Lenovo!
EDIT: have the Alienwave OLED as my main (since launch)...so yeah...I know OLED. :)

Last edited:
Screen is excellent. I had the SCAR 16 with that awesome screen - not worth it for how HOT that bad boy was. I liked the SCAR 16 so much I bought a retail one and I also tried getting a custom (re-pasted one) - no good. Stick with Lenovo!
EDIT: have the Alienwave OLED as my main (since launch)...so yeah...I know OLED. :)
Cool! I'm excited. I, too, have the Alienware OLED as my main and 42 inch C2 right above it. It's an incredible setup.

Windows 11? One Year Warranty?
Yes. You can buy an extended warranty for pretty cheap - about $200 or so for full accidental / premium / etc after the sale. It's cheaper to buy it up front with the purchase. But you have something like 45 days after purchase to buy the extended warranty if you like.

Lenovo warranties are great for folks like us because I upgrade every year (sometimes sooner) and the warranty is tied to the hardware so it makes the resale a lot easier and more attractive for the next person.

How do you get the discount? Is it automatic or do you need to put in a coupon code? Also is it just one discount or are multiple stacked?

Gizmo slip keeps raving about the Strix 18 as his overall best recommendation. Any insight on how this one compares to that one OP? Or anyone else?

Gizmo slip keeps raving about the Strix 18 as his overall best recommendation. Any insight on how this one compares to that one OP? Or anyone else?
It's a different class of machine. 16" to 18" laptop is truly a movement from maximum power / portability (16" laptops) to a full desktop rig (18" laptops).

I had a Legion 7 RTX 3080 and I moved to a Razer Blade 14 RTX 3080 Ti - while I liked that machine it was a bit "too small" and I knew from my Legion 7 that my bag could handle a 16" laptop along with my work laptop (MacBook Air M2). This brings full power GPU which maxes out the power evenlope while also being decent at cooling. Of course, the 18"ers will be cooler. However, the Legion 2023 was the only laptop that I tried (I tried Legion 2023 4080, Razer Blade 16 4090, ASUS SCAR 16 4090 (2x as mentioned above), and the ASUS SCAR 17 7945HX / 4090) that could handle the cooling the best - by far. Plus, it's far cheaper. Really a no brainer.

How do you get the discount? Is it automatic or do you need to put in a coupon code? Also is it just one discount or are multiple stacked?
Coupert is a browser extension that scans for codes before you make any purchase pretty much. I was already using and boom, it found an extra $100 :)

Just a heads up, estimated delivery is 9/6/23 so a ways out. Was hoping to get it a bit sooner but it is what it is.

This vs an open box Asus Strix Scar with 175w 3080ti, 2tb ssd, and 64gb ram for $2200 at MC? Considering the 4080 mobile is more like desktop 4070?

This. By far.
What about an open box model with 4090 for $2600?

It's worth noting I'm not shy about in store open box as long as I can inspect it.

Honestly if I knew I would have a job with much more "on call" time I would have splurged on something better than the 3060/1080p that we have now.

What about an open box model with 4090 for $2600?

It's worth noting I'm not shy about in store open box as long as I can inspect it.

Honestly if I knew I would have a job with much more "on call" time I would have splurged on something better than the 3060/1080p that we have now.
Nothing wrong with open box! I used it extensively at Micro Center to buy my laptop - ended up with this one: https://www.microcenter.com/product...laptop-computer-platinum-collection-onyx-grey.

I have used this gen's ASUS, Razer, and Lenovo top-of-the-line models and IMO it is worth getting a Lenovo over the other two.

BH Photo & Video is a fine store but just remember that their return policy is trash. I canceled a SCAR 16 4090 order over there once I found out that. It's great for other things but a laptop is so prone to little issues you need a place that will back you up.

So anybody with a job that works with it, check out perks at work. I tried that and the discount along with the coupon dropped the price to $2052 before tax. Very tempting.

*Edit* Just gets better. Using id.me as a student (work paid for a comm. college course) takes it down to $1970 vs using perks at work. No perk points back, but I'd rather have flat cash off instead of points.

Last edited:
Why not just go to your local Best buy or microcenter that price matches?

Also I'm noticing a lot of you guys are ok with Lenovo? I've heard of them but I've never considered them personally. Are they just as good as MSI or Gigabyte? Are they based on America?
I'm looking for a laptop also...

Also I'm noticing a lot of you guys are ok with Lenovo? I've heard of them but I've never considered them personally. Are they just as good as MSI or Gigabyte? Are they based on America?

Their Legion Pros are imo the industry standard for gaming laptops. They are mostly well respected in the space. Their lower end stuff or non legion series are very average.

I have the Legion Pro 5i with a 10th gen Intel and 2060. It’s been fantastic, especially the 240hz panel and cooling performance which has only been drastically updated since then.

I’m trying to scrap by with my 2060 laptop still but this is tempting.

Idk if those stores would match something like work/ student discounts. I doubt it.

*Edit*
Pricing only available to select groups of customers including Membership Program members, loyalty offers, discounts relating to non-warehouse membership or paid loyalty programs and government exchange store offers.

I mean, I guess it never hurts to ask if they have the model in stock.

*Edit 2*
Best buy doesn't carry the lenovo and MC requires you go to in store to attempt price match. Not worth the effort considering they'd probably scoff at the discounts.

Last edited:

I have a Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H (i7 10750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVME, 240Hz 1080p panel) and it's the best laptop I've ever owned. The build quality and documentation are excellent. I would personally say the Lenovo Legions are better than the MSI/Gigabyte laptops but that's very subjective. I do believe they have U.S. based support but maybe someone else can confirm that.

Lenovo is one of those brands where they make very good things- the Lenovo Legion high end gaming laptops, Lenovo ThinkPad business models... but they also make pretty meh stuff like the Lenovo IdeaPads. I would have no hesitation buying this as a solid gaming/productivity laptop.

Lenovo is a huge Chinese PC OEM, not sure where they rank globally anymore but it’s top 3 with Dell, HP etc. They bought IBM’s laptop division about a decade ago with the ThinkPad being a highly respected line of business laptops, and they make some powerful workstations too with the ThinkCentre lineup.

I’ve had access to some of their hardware at work and the ThinkPads especially were impressive with dual batteries, full 3.5” SATA, NVMe,LTE and smart card support all in a tiny 13” laptop. Way ahead of their Dell counterparts.

That said, most .GOV and .MIL have banned the use of their hardware due to concerns about spying etc. Plenty of news stories about it you can read and see if you believe any of it or not.

Shouldn’t be much of a concern for your personal use laptop, chances are you already have plenty of devices spying on you.

I have a Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05H (i7 10750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVME, 240Hz 1080p panel) and it's the best laptop I've ever owned. The build quality and documentation are excellent. I would personally say the Lenovo Legions are better than the MSI/Gigabyte laptops but that's very subjective. I do believe they have U.S. based support but maybe someone else can confirm that.

Lenovo is one of those brands where they make very good things- the Lenovo Legion high end gaming laptops, Lenovo ThinkPad business models... but they also make pretty meh stuff like the Lenovo IdeaPads. I would have no hesitation buying this as a solid gaming/productivity laptop.

Yep that's the one I have. It's been great with no issues but it's showing its age.

Does the Lenovo gaming laptop with the 4080 you guys are mentioning have a usb c displayport? 4080 is a good deal for 2200 and 13th gen i9. Any shortcomings to consider? I kinda wish it was 18".

Pros? Cons?

Does the Lenovo gaming laptop with the 4080 you guys are mentioning have a usb c displayport? 4080 is a good deal for 2200 and 13th gen i9. Any shortcomings to consider? I kinda wish it was 18".

Pros? Cons?
Yes, you can output video via USB-C.

If you want more of a desktop replacement you may want to keep looking. However, I think this is the perfect laptop for gaming - portable for travel but also powerful for the desk with very little compromise. The 18s are
monstrous!

Got mine. Love it! Screen isn't any better than my previous machine but it's not bad in any way really. Amazing how much heat this thing evacuates while still being mostly cool on the keyboard. Very happy with the purchase! Games run flawlessly on it.

Got mine. Love it! Screen isn't any better than my previous machine but it's not bad in any way really. Amazing how much heat this thing evacuates while still being mostly cool on the keyboard. Very happy with the purchase! Games run flawlessly on it.
Where did you order it and for how much? I was just looking at the Legion Pros right now..

Where did you order it and for how much? I was just looking at the Legion Pros right now..
I'm the OP. It's all in the first post. Looks like they're out of stock now, though. B&H Photo had an even better deal. I was about $2340 all in.

Back