Legend of Grimrock game spy review up "4.5/5" stars.

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
Legend of Grimrock game spy review up "4.5/5" stars. Already Pre-ordered mine.

It would be easy to dismiss Legend of Grimrock as little more than a first-person party-based RPG nostalgia trip. A group of adventurers. A dungeon. The promise of loot. Magic, monsters, and mayhem. You wouldn't know it by looking at the likes of Mass Effect 3, but in what seems like an age ago, this was all you needed in a roleplaying game. This adaptation of the old Dungeon Master formula (which dates back to 1987) shows that this sort of RPG can not only exist in the fancy-schmancy era of modern RPGS, but succeed as well.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/legend-of-grimrock/1222252p1.html

http://www.grimrock.net/

Does it directly compare to Dungeon Master, living up to those memories? Do you know, I’ve no idea. I played it when I was 10. But independently of its obvious spiritual father, it stands alone as a really great game that gripped me from top to bottom. - rockpapershotgun

Last edited:
This will appeal quite a bit to a certain population out there, but no thanks for me.

I insta-preordered after someone else on [H] posted this article.

Granted, I was already interested in the game, but that just sealed the deal :D

Put up the Grimrock desktop wallpaper, printed some Grimrock gridpaper, reading up on the game while patiently waiting for release day...

Yeah, I'm ready! Decided to go old school on this one! :D

Put up the Grimrock desktop wallpaper, printed some Grimrock gridpaper, reading up on the game while patiently waiting for release day...

Yeah, I'm ready! Decided to go old school on this one! :D

Everybody at work keeps asking about my Grimrock wallpaper. Read the introduction in the manual. The premise for this story is truly fantastical

Put my pre order in today, can't wait for this. I loved Eye of the Beholder.

Done.

I was kind of on the fence, but...

I watched the video and was sold in the first minute. Combat just seems genuinely fun.

I can't wait.

Back