Leetgion Hellion Gaming Mouse

Best mouse ever.

cikkkep1_54_nagy.jpg
Holy s***, yes, yes it is!

I lost an ebay auction for a lot of 13 of them, I never would have needed another mouse until both usb and ps2 became obsolete.

sorry i'll stick to my g9. Spent too much on a das keyboard to justify another peripheral.

Best mouse ever.

cikkkep1_54_nagy.jpg

Not too bad, owned 2 myself, then that darned Logitech came around with their kick-ass mice & fantastic warranties...oh the horror of having to box those mice up, only to now remember I actually owned one. :D

I've never understood the whole "gaming mouse" craze, but maybe that's because I'm a trackball fan. For me, an MS Trackball Explorer updated with MS Sidewinder X8 mouse features (wired of course) would be near bliss. I hate mice (that said, I also hate stupid thumb roller trackballs), and anything other than an long out of production MS TBE is uncomfortable and often painful (sadly MS has a tendency to drop their hardware rather quickly). If there were a left handed version they may have stayed in production longer.
People who don't like trackballs have most likely never given them a fair chance, and when they didn't "just get it" right away, they formed a poor opinion. A week or two with good trackball and they'd probably never go back to a mouse. It's a lot easier to only move fingers than your whole hand, or arm for some.

Best mouse ever.

cikkkep1_54_nagy.jpg

I hated that mouse.
I tend to palm the mouse and grip it between thumb and pinky with three fingers on top; pretty much every microsoft mouse is hard to hold this way, this one was especially bad because I was always hitting the side buttons. Logitech mice, on the other hand, seem to be designed more for this 3-finger grip, the side buttons are narrow and above the thumb spot.

I owned (for a short while before returning it) the very first MS optical mouse. it had such a weird flattened shape that I just could not pick it up with one hand whenever I hit the edge of the mousepad (a real pain when circle-strafing). I play so many FPSs that I tend to "row" the mouse quite a bit even in windows so this would simply not do.

And they misspelled "bringing" as "brining" right on the homepage.
I'm not sure what to think of this, I guess only time will tell if this has the quality we've come to expect from Logitech and other established manufacturers.

Someone else already pointed out "ENERMY" and I noticed Marco instead of Macro.

It still looks like they have a few good ideas though.

I can't tell...and I downloaded the manual from their site. Can you remap all the buttons?...and can you change the profiles? What I saw was profiles for Protoss,zerg, and terran. Is it only starcraft or is that just an example?

It looks like a starcraft II mouse... Just it wouldn't be as good as other mice as it's only got a few buttons in stupid places. If you press on of the outer buttons, it looks like youd be using you pointer and middle fingers, which would take them off the main buttons, rather than the thumb which otherwise isn't used.
Those two outer buttons are perfect for MMOs if you are moving while shooting. They were critical to me on the WoW mouse.

I have been a competitive FPS/RTS player for many years now..I see some serious flaws with this mouse.

1) The layout just looks horridly uncomfortable.
2) Wired - These days there is no benefit to a wired mouse as the latency is so little that it isn't a factor unless you are doing 500+ mouse actions per minute (Extremely unlikely). Wires just get in the way..period. Battery life is a non issue if you are smart enough to check your batteries.
3) DPI switches are terribly located. Typically I need to change DPI on the fly and don't need to be fumbling with my mouse to do it. If I am doing run and gun, I want 1 setting if I am jumping in a vehicle I want to quickly tap a key and be firing not having to pick up the mouse.
4) The side button look unwieldy and terribly place due to the shape of the mouse.

Conclusion - No thanks, Logitech did it better. G700 remains one of the best twitch mice on the market when combined with a quality mouse surface.

I like all the complaints about playing FPSes with this when it's an RTS mouse first and foremost according to the designers. :rolleyes:

Why does hardly anyone make finger-grip friendly gaming mice?

Not everyone puts their entire hand down on the mouse to use it and making it in such shapes isn't that comfortable to use if you use finger grip.

I bet they spent more on that commercial than they did on the actual mouse design / engineering.

Still, swanky LED... sweet.

Can someone explain what is so special about their "dedicated attack key", I just don't get it. I use side buttons on mice in games, is this different? better? would it work the same?

THIS!

WTF is a dedicated attack key? I don't understand that part at ALL, and I have been a hardcore PC gamer for over 2 decades....

Hm...I'll stick with the Avago 3090...

This mouse seems like a genetically deformed lab experiment.

Is the Logitech G700 devoid of lag? I have said away from wireless mice for a long time because the last one I had (about 6 years ago) had too much lag to play FPS games.

I have a Razer Imperator right now, and while I like it, I need buttons like the G700 has next to the left-click button.

Is the Logitech G700 devoid of lag? I have said away from wireless mice for a long time because the last one I had (about 6 years ago) had too much lag to play FPS games.

I have a Razer Imperator right now, and while I like it, I need buttons like the G700 has next to the left-click button.

It isn't devoid of lag so to speak, it is just so little that it is near impossible to notice unless you are doing just an insane number of mouse actions per minute. That said even at the highest dpi I have never felt like the mouse lagged. If anything I find the cord dragging to be more of a problem than wireless lag on a G700 (and cord dragging obviously doesn't affect much).

So the 't' is silent? Whaaaa?
Ok, looks like they spent more money on the CGI promo/commercial than it will cost to have it made. ;)

Looking at the driver interface, you can bind the DPI toggle up toggle down buttons to the two small face buttons on the far sides. That should be enough for the FPS crowd right?

Back