Leaked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Chinese site EXPreview has posted somewhat of a review of the GeForce GTX 780 complete with benchmarks, temperature and power usage data. The site is up and down at the moment, and when it is up is extremely slow, so I snagged these screens for you.

Even though I am team AMD, if it is true that the Titan outperforms the 780, color me disappointed.

Even though I am team AMD, if it is true that the Titan outperforms the 780, color me disappointed.

it should, it costs more. I'm all about the stuff that costs more being better. Part of PC gaming is buying more pricey parts to brag about it and paying to play. It's capitalism baby. He who spends the most should have the best experience. I like that titan is a premium product and I want more products like it.

It's pretty close to Titan in terms of performance but at a much lower price. I still feel the price should come down on video cards, they tend to sell for some arbitrary price upon release.

The titan is the same architecture, with cherry picked cores and more shaders available.

It damn well better outperform the 780.

It's pretty close to Titan in terms of performance but at a much lower price. I still feel the price should come down on video cards, they tend to sell for some arbitrary price upon release.

I agree price should come down, but a retailer had the 780's up for a very short time before pulling them, price was listed at $799 :rolleyes:

I agree price should come down, but a retailer had the 780's up for a very short time before pulling them, price was listed at $799 :rolleyes:

$650 price is being thrown around a lot today. I'd say that's pretty close. Only one more day till all the rumors can be put to rest.

Arg, price is really looking just out of reach for me, I could just save up but.....
I'll wait for the [H] review then decide. Musssstttt upgrraadeeeeee sooonnn.
Right now 660Ti 3Gb SLI looks mighty promising compared to this

Looks like about $650. I've got a "Z" brand showing for $630 and another for just over $650 from a supplier I'm able to order from. This is the price I would pay to use (not wholesale) for the 3GB card.

Arg, price is really looking just out of reach for me, I could just save up but.....
I'll wait for the [H] review then decide. Musssstttt upgrraadeeeeee sooonnn.
Right now 660Ti 3Gb SLI looks mighty promising compared to this

Might be able to get a good used 680 on the forum once 780 drops. I think I'm going to skip this time and hold till the next chip is released. Not yet hurting for performance.

If it's $500-$550 then I'm upgrading. Should be nice going from a 480 to a 780. You could tell me to wait for Maxwell but if I kept waiting for the next best thing then I'd never upgrade.

You'll be very dissapointed when the 8970 comes out and is slower than the 7990 then I suppose :confused:

I think the fun in this card is going to be overvolting, and overclocking this to match or come near overclocked titan performance, and possibly even a little unlocking on some of the stream processors. We'll see how it performs on it's review here at the [H] ;)

I figure I'll probably skip this gen and shoot for the 8 series in a year. This is probably a more logical upgrade for people with the 5 series cards.

so far the 8000's are going to be OEM branded 7k's, and for our market ATI is going straight to the 9k series.

Sigh, this has been played to death and explained to death already.

8000 series should be OEM only rebrands at first and THEN Hawaii. Hawaii should STILL be 8000 series.

780650dollars.png

$650 it is.

i think the price is a little high, over $600 is a lot of money. i would think most builders that are looking for cards in that range or over are willing to go for the big-dog titan.

That's $650 to retailers, not to you. Going by this from ATF

[*IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/mwilding/Synnex_zps7c1a3740.jpg[/IMG]

[*IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k619/mwilding/Ingram_zps92c5ffef.jpg[/IMG]

Funny, seeing as how that $648 is orderable right now. I take it you took those distributor pics (which have changed pricing over 3 times today so far, by the way) from another forum where someone posted them, rather than actually having NDA-restricted access, right?

This is going to be 499$ like every other highend card released. No way this card is in the 600 range

Looks like the 8970 will be laying down some smack down looking at these numbers

The only 8970's available are OEM and are rebadged 7000 series cards. AMD will not release their new stuff till late this year/early next.

According to this...
http://www.techpowerup.com/184311/geforce-gtx-780-pricing-revealed.html

$650 may be the wholesale price from distributers. $700 and up from places like Newegg and Amazon may be retail.

I'm sure we'll see them over $650 at launch. I had limted myself to $599 each for these, and I was wanting to pick up 2 at launch. Which I could probably swing $50 more for each card and not feel too bad about it. But I really don't want to see this trend continue on the path its on. If it keeps going this way next years "Titan" will be $2k and the next "GTX 880" will be $1500.

Hopefully AMD will come out with there next series later this year and try to get prices back under control. Really though Nvidia can charge whatever they like because AMD isn't really pushing the competition this year.

I'm sure we'll see them over $650 at launch. I had limted myself to $599 each for these, and I was wanting to pick up 2 at launch. Which I could probably swing $50 more for each card and not feel too bad about it. But I really don't want to see this trend continue on the path its on. If it keeps going this way next years "Titan" will be $2k and the next "GTX 880" will be $1500.

Hopefully AMD will come out with there next series later this year and try to get prices back under control. Really though Nvidia can charge whatever they like because AMD isn't really pushing the competition this year.

What makes you think AMD will release new cards for under $550? They released 7970 at $550-$599 last year.

Back