LCD's with "HD" inputs

zerogt86

Gawd
i was wondering what lcds out there have the composite (or mayb component, i forgot the exact name) cable inputs for HD broadcasts, or the ones that an xbox or ps2 or gamecube would use to take advantage of those nice HD resolutions. A big list of all the monitors that have this (at the moment ive only found afew) would really help me out, and im sure that there are many other people who would apprieaciate this list.

You are looking for Component input, where the video signal is split into three rca-type cables. One thing to keep in mind, is that very few HD sources can compare to the resolution of today's monitor's; most, expecially from consoles, are 720P (meaing 1280x720).

Yeah, thats the problem with both the HP and Dell monitors their resolution is best at 1920x1200, now I do not know of any source, PS2, GC, or Xbox, or even Satellite recievers that will output to that high resolution, so the best way is to go into a factorable resolution (no t as much jaggies compared to say 1600x1200) or to use the 2004FWPs single image with borders (true DVD widescreen) or you could always stretch it....

It's hard when things don't go into eachother....

you can always try an LCD TV... :)

Except on a computer the Res would look terrible..... its impossible to get the best of both worlds.

Mysticcal said:
Yeah, thats the problem with both the HP and Dell monitors their resolution is best at 1920x1200, now I do not know of any source, PS2, GC, or Xbox, or even Satellite recievers that will output to that high resolution, so the best way is to go into a factorable resolution (no t as much jaggies compared to say 1600x1200) or to use the 2004FWPs single image with borders (true DVD widescreen) or you could always stretch it....

It's hard when things don't go into eachother....

you can always try an LCD TV... :)

Except on a computer the Res would look terrible..... its impossible to get the best of both worlds.
First, you dont know what the heck your talkin bout'. My Xbox looks kick ass at even 480p on my HP. LCD tv's will in no way out perform HP's or samsungs or even sony's 1920x1200 displays period! I dont really care for dell's displays! Second, my computer looks stellar at any of the supported res though i run at native because i love a big desktop area! Take a look at the HP thread and there are some posted pic's of someone running an xbox game and using a hdtv receiver

Back