LCD protector for the 2405FPW

Kevlarman

[H]ard|Gawd
Any ideas?

I just spent a load of money on the 2405FPW, and I don't want some punk kid scribbling on the LCD with a pen, or someone throwing a ball and having it bounce and hit the screen.

Does anyone make a sort of clear "shield" for this specific monitor? Ideally, something that is almost optically transparent?

In my room, but my parents like to throw family gatherings and I have cousins over who like to play Battlefield 2. I just don't want my smaller cousins getting their greasy fingerprints on my monitor or whatever.

Lock or bar your room shut. Seriously, if a ball or anything hard hits that screen hard enough, anything besides plexiglass will still break or bend inwards enough to damage the screen.

Tell them to stay outa your room or phsyically detach the monitor.

Put the monitor inside of a locked glass cage with a little hole for a pencil so you can poke the power button... :D

kevdoggx said:
Put the monitor inside of a locked glass cage with a little hole for a pencil so you can poke the power button... :D

Or just get a lock for your door :D

Actually, I do have a lock for my door.

I was sorta exaggerating when I said a ball would come bouncing and hitting my screen, but I'm more worried about little things like fingerprints, dust, etc.

Something similar to a glare shield for CRTs, or even that giant transparency that comes shipped with the monitor would be cool.

I do like the glass cage with a small pencil hole though. :D

Kevlarman said:
Actually, I do have a lock for my door.

I was sorta exaggerating when I said a ball would come bouncing and hitting my screen, but I'm more worried about little things like fingerprints, dust, etc.

Something similar to a glare shield for CRTs, or even that giant transparency that comes shipped with the monitor would be cool.

I do like the glass cage with a small pencil hole though. :D

honestly i dont think they make 1

How about some ceran wrap :p

*Warning more then 1 layer may effect visual quality.. :D

Hmm, acrylic might do the deal.... the only downside I can see is that it's not as optically transparent as glass, and scratches easily, should you feel the need to clean smudges and such off of it.

Maybe a piece of glass cut to size? Seems like a lot of trouble to protect an LCD though!

Kevlarman said:
Hmm, acrylic might do the deal.... the only downside I can see is that it's not as optically transparent as glass, and scratches easily, should you feel the need to clean smudges and such off of it.

Maybe a piece of glass cut to size? Seems like a lot of trouble to protect an LCD though!

its worth it when ur LCD is worth 800 plus

Kevlarman said:

Acrylic: cheaper, lighter, easier to keep in place because it's lighter, less breakable, and fewer little sharp pointy bits in the remote possibility it does get broken.

Velcro means you can take it off when there's no danger about. Plus, if it doesn't look quite as good, maybe that'll discourage your cousins a little.

If you guys are interested I could look into making a clear acrylic cover for these with my laser. I have one of these 24" dells and maybe using 1/16" acrylic with some sort of clamp/strap contraption would work. Let me know if you guys are intested and I still need to come up with a way to keep it in place.

Back