LCD Controler

OpTiX

Limp Gawd
ok i have an LCD screen from a laptop, i want to get one of those
controlers that make it into a VGA plug so that i can hook it up as a 2nd monitor on my computer.
Where whould a get such a thing?

-OpTiX

Well, bad news is, they cost a lot of money. Several hundred bux and that is only for a few mb gfx card. It just isn't worth it unless you want to just look at your desktop on the second monitor. If you want to game on it, too bad. Most of the cards are like 4mb, so you can't really do much of anything with it. Also there is no one card fits all. You need to know what signaling your lcd uses and get a card that is compatible. Either way, it would be cheaper to buy a 15" desktop lcd.

I guess you can't google or something. Here is one of the first sites that pops up http://www.geocities.com/p9019/lcd/lcd_controllers.html . List several manufacturers of controllers. However, you need to know the exact make and model of your panel, plus I hope you still have the cables to hook it up because they add more money. Also it depends on if you want a pci solution or an external solution, etc. The low end is around $200 and it goes on up.

i googled it before, thanks for the info. i guess i'll just go buy an lcd monitor for that price

Back