Laptop suggestions pls

Elf_Boy

2[H]4U
Hi awesome [H] crowd.

I kinda like to look of the acer sp111 -- if the hd were bigger then 32gb I might go for it.

My biggest concern is mass - I have back issues, lots of them and every once counts.

Being able to go tablet mode, convertible type tablet, would be a big plus.

My second thing the monitor size bigger is better, higher resolution is nice too.

Playing games is not a bad thing, as long as it can handle office, chrome/ff/iex and Titan Quest type stuff at decent settings it is likely good enough.

Guessing I want at least 256gb of storage and 8gb ram.

Thanks for any sugestions

Under 1k would be nice too

find whatever one you like and add a secondary HDD to it, or an external one, SSD are very nice to have, but for sure drive the price up, which usually means less battery size and/or a smaller capacity main drive (usually 32-128gb) for the ~$750-$1200 mark)
I have been hunting forever myself, not impressed by most that I see, usually crazy small battery (which really sucks when the component selection is higher end i.e more power needed)
using a dinky small SSD (which is fine if you only use for school work or something like that) but seriously, they should be using 64gb SSD minimum with ability to have a secondary user installed SSD or HDD which many do not have.

Cannot offer any direct suggestions as the price of ram makes "bargains" not as good as they should be
I can say IMO whatever one you try to get, make sure the ram is "even" numbers, honestly have no idea why they even bother going for example 3gb instead of a matched pair for 4gb type deal, it usually hurts performance quite a bit
as far as a higher resolution, that can be a shit show when you are trying to keep at a more "normal" budget range, usually higher resolution should mean better graphics to power it, the higher the res or graphics, the larger the price.

My nephew got one a few months ago was an AMD A10 based one from Acer 12gb memory 256gb SSD and an R something or other (Radeon mobile newer generation) for the dedicated graphics
battery life was so so, but, he does CAD and all that fancier stuff, he is able to run circles around other students who are using multiple thousand $ Core i Geforce based systems, battery life is a little better on average as well
but, to do any real "grunt work" it is going to cost, all about bill of materials, I personally have not seen amazing laptops as far as "everything" for a reasonable price all in all :(

I actually have the perfect laptop but unfortunately am unable to list it here because I'm a lurker. But the HP Omen fits the bill and allows for gaming. Mine has the i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD (not HDD), 15" screen w/ nVidia 1050. You may want to look into one of these for under $1,000.

I actually have the perfect laptop but unfortunately am unable to list it here because I'm a lurker. But the HP Omen fits the bill and allows for gaming. Mine has the i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD (not HDD), 15" screen w/ nVidia 1050. You may want to look into one of these for under $1,000.

Thank you.

Back