Laptop Recommandations for A Friend

tungt88

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I'd like your opinion on a new laptop for a friend of mine. His budget is around $1150, and he was thinking of using this coupon deal he saw for HP laptops: $250 off HP Pavilion notebooks $1299+

He's gonna be using the notebook for college, plans to keep it for 3-4 years, does a lot of World of Warcraft, prefers XP, and likes using webcams. I showed him the AVADirect laptop selection 2 days ago and he seemed to like that too ...

First thing I'd ask him is if he will be carrying the laptop from class to class or keeping it at his desk. Is he a strong fella that wouldn't mind carrying around a 17inch beast or does he want a light 13 incher or maybe a nice inbetweener of 15 inches

12.1/13/14.1 incher please. I find 15.4 way to big, let alone 17!

Lugging a big ol' laptop like that for 4 years?

Trust me.

He'll be carrying the laptop from class to class, but will also use it @ home. He's pretty fond of those 15 inch screens.

I’d tell him to go to bestbuy or similar and to just pick up a few of them just to get a real feel for how much they will roughly weigh or if there is a particular model he likes it’s always nice to see the actual model and get a feel for it instead of all the figures and pictures he might see online even if you’re not buying it from that particular store

My recommendation is the T400 or even a used last generation MBP. They are pretty cheap, light, and thin. Also Dell's XPS 1530's are very nice.

Check with the college for deals. My school for example has 34% off Lenovo laptops, about $200 off Dell laptops and 3 year warranty standard.

Back