Laptop Price check

Archer1212

[H]F Junkie
I need a laptop for school and my friend says I can buy his inspiron 8600 from him for $1k. its got some minor scuffs from him using it for school but pyshically its in good shape. It has a 1.4 dothan, 512mb ram, 80gb HDD, dvd/cr-rw combo drive, and a 128mb 9600pro turbo in it. I have used it when lanning at his house and its plays games really smoothly I just dont know if its worth $1k. I was looking at the dell outpost section on their refurbs and most of the 8600s are close to his specs and are going for $1600+.

Is $1k too much? I have the cash and he needs the money to get his car fixed to I just dont know if its worth that much.

$1000 does seem a bit much for the specs you're getting out of that laptop. Might want to check the [H]ot Deals forums for any deals on Dell lappies, or else you can check slickdeals as well.

For $1000? Thats way too much for the specs on that laptop. Maybe $500.

Just go to dell.com or hpshopping.com and configure a laptop. More than likely you'll get better specs than your friend's laptop.

hell NO!!!! don't take the deal you will lose about $600 to him, search around hotdeals and sale/trade forum to get a better one.

DON"T BUY IT!!!

your 'friend' is trying to bend you over. grab a dell 35% off coupon off of ebay for a dollar or two and you will get yourself twice the lappy for around $800-900.

Back