Lan Gear DaBox 100 questions

crABtoad

Limp Gawd
Wasn't sure if I should necro this thread or post a new one...

Went with posting a new one, hope no mods mind.

Been re-evaluating my ITX build and wanted more total pcie lanes/slots. Probably going X79 mATX now.

Spent a bunch of time looking at these cases all night and there seems to be 3 stand-out cases.

Silverstone FT03, Lian Li PC-V354, and... The Lan Gear DaBox 100.

The Lan Gear one seems to be an incredibly efficient design. Looking online, no-one's really said anything about it in a couple years. Heard that it was a big favorite around here at one point.

Has it just been outdone by recent cases, does it run hot, or would it just be hard to get one here in Canada/US? Seems like it's a tiny case that could probably fit a Antec 620 or Corsair H-series cooler of some type.

Feel like I'm missing something here. Sorry if this is a dead horse. <3

There are also two french forums that are still a little bit active. One of the team members from the company is also answering questions. I read that they were preparing a ver 2 a long time ago. They have also lowered the price and put the "da box" on sale. But the is still no info on the v2

http://translate.google.com/transla...//forum.canardpc.com/showthread.php?p=2939094

http://translate.google.com/transla...itier/boitier-micro-france-sujet_853957_1.htm

I don't think they ship to the US. That stopped a long time ago. By the way the da box is a 23 liter case. The same size as the upcoming Silverstone SG09. The Lan Gear "da box" is WAY prettier. I have also thought about the buying a"Da box" but personally I'm a little bit hesitant.

As a former owner of Da Box I will say that the fit and finish of it sucks. It's not even on the same level as Lian Li or Silverstone. While design wise it may be pretty the machining is not on the same level as bigger companies.

Around here we generally warn people away from it. Far as I know it is only available in France anyway. The quality never lived up to it's expectation. A shame too because Matt had some good ideas worked into it.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about :/

Thanks for the input everybody, gonna keep looking for a case.

Kinda disappointed, this thing has/had real promise design-wise.

i'd stay away from lan gear entirely. i dont know what happened but the idea started in america, and i think from these forums, but for whatever reason the customer support (at least on that side) does not exist. the guy basically just disappeared. yet, possibly more bewildering is the fact that the company still exists, yet is handled by some french people. i dont really understand how that all happened, but all i know is that the company does not seem too reliable.

Thanks for the words of warning. I got some great advice here already, dug through another thread and read online a bit. Sounds like endless horror stories and shoddy craftsmanship.

Made up my mind on the SG09, just gotta wait 'til they're released now...

^_^

i'd stay away from lan gear entirely. i dont know what happened but the idea started in america, and i think from these forums, but for whatever reason the customer support (at least on that side) does not exist. the guy basically just disappeared. yet, possibly more bewildering is the fact that the company still exists, yet is handled by some french people. i dont really understand how that all happened, but all i know is that the company does not seem too reliable.

We heard rumors his brother runs it but Matt is still involved although no one has heard a peep from him since the company showed up in France.

Back