Laing DDC pump

Stevennoland

Limp Gawd
Dear enthusiasts,

I'm sure this has been asked (I'm lazy, and I don't want to have to look), but would running two Laing DDC 12 volt pumps in series be much of a benefit over one?

The reason I ask is I'm going to use these pumps for my Konvect-O-Matic Ultra radiators (see 'Project: Beast III' http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1006970 in the forums) that are mounted on the sides of my case. I was thinking of using two pumps for each radiator in a pull/push combo. The length of tubing and the sheer size of the rads might necessitate a two pump set-up. Or do you think it will be to much by not allowing the water to flow thru the rads slow enough to cool?

Opinions wanted.

Thanks

Steven

When you run the pumps in series you increase the working head of the pumps not the rate of flow, there will be little change to the wide open flow rate but what will change is the flow rate with a load on the pumps. You'll effectively double the amount of pressure the pumps are able to overcome before becoming stalled.

I think that two pumps per rad is overkill, you should be able to get by on two pumps for your entire loop unless you're running multiple loops (naturally) and in that case one pump per loop should suffice since at most you'll have two or three blocks per loop.

You are probably alright with one pump per rad as said above, especially if you perform the modification to the inlet as shown here.

If you find that you dont like the performance you are getting and think that it is because of the flowrate you can always add a second pump later. The Konvekt-O-whatchamacallit radiators are large, but they dont seem overly restrictive. The DDC has good head pressure on its own merit, so it should be able to handle each individual loop (CPU and GPU) just fine.

Back