KVM switch suggestions

darkmyth

Gawd
Hello I am currently in the market for a KVM (keyboard video mouse) switch since I have recently been told I need to find a way to put my tower on my mothers setup instead of having my own desk, (after returning from college for the summer). I immediately thought kvm switch but am not sure what I should get. I have had good results with omniview kvm switches but after reading some reviews on newegg from the most current models they have fallen short in the quality area. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a stable quality kvm switch for 2 + computers.

I've had good luck with the little 2 port KVM's from Linksys and IOGear.

Right now I'm running through the original version of this 4 port TrendNet that I've had for a good 5 or 6 years. I also have my G5 plugged into the tower and use it as my primary mouse but the PS/2 mouse I have plugged into the KVM works also. As the reviews at newegg have stated, the cable arrangement is not the greatest, but it has been reliable.

Mr45 said:
I've had good luck with the little 2 port KVM's from Linksys and IOGear.

Right now I'm running through the original version of this 4 port TrendNet that I've had for a good 5 or 6 years. I also have my G5 plugged into the tower and use it as my primary mouse but the PS/2 mouse I have plugged into the KVM works also. As the reviews at newegg have stated, the cable arrangement is not the greatest, but it has been reliable.

Hmm I beleive that I will be purching the iogear kvm switch. thanks for the differen't recommendations.

Back