KV8-MAX3 Memory?

atari52oo

n00b
I'm planning on setting up a new Athlon64 system, and I have decided to use the Abit KV8-MAX3 board. The next thing I need to get is memory for this board. I was considering 512MB of Mushkin PC-3500 memory. I am confused though as to whether or not this memory would work in this board. The board is rated for memory upto DDR400 and this stuff is DDR433. I would also like to be able to do some OC'ing too, so I would like to take that into consideration as well.

Would this choice work for me? Or can anyone point out any other memory that might work better? I would like to stay around the $99 price level, but I am willing to spend a tad more if I have to.

The memory will run at speeds up to PC3500 (DDR433?), so running it at the motherboard supported DDR400 is not a problem. Find out what the CAS Latency rating is for that memory at DDR400 and 433. If you plan to overclock, PC3500 or higher is a very good idea (if not a must). Oh, and about CAS, it's good if it supports CAS2.5, better if it supports CAS2.

Back