KTY Research- is this legit??

sp4rt4n85

n00b
http://www.ktysurveys.com/promotion/specialabdjcd.html

I've been getting this email to this link for a semester on my school email address. I dont get any other junk mail and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is legit or not? Im not going to do it but I was wondering if I should warn others on campus if this is a scam?

?I wasnt sure where to post this but I figured it would be a security quesiton.?

Anytime you have to pay to get something free, it's a scam. At best it would be a pyramid scheme, but most likely you would just be out $10 bucks. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. ;)

truth ++

I've gotten those sent to me, I believe it's a scam, there are also the work at home jobs where you sign for liek 25 bucks and make <insert 4 digit figure> a month. I think those are scams too.

MajorDomo said:
Anytime you have to pay to get something free, it's a scam. At best it would be a pyramid scheme, but most likely you would just be out $10 bucks. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. ;)

If you have to pay it is a scam. That is a rule of thumb that is almost never wrong.

Oh, why is this in the network and security forum?

Back