[kitguru.net] Acer unveils 2560*1440 display with 144Hz refresh and AMD FreeSync

Final8ty

Gawd
Acer Group has introduced one of the world’s first displays featuring AMD FreeSync technology that supports 144Hz refresh rate. The new monitor could become a good choice for gamers looking for AMD FreeSync tech and extreme refresh rates.

The Acer XG270HU uses 27” TN+film panel with 2560*1440 resolution with up to 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time. The monitor has one HDMI 2.0, one dual-link DVI and one DisplayPort 1.2a connectors as well as two 2W speakers. The display features very thin bezel and therefore will also become a good choice for those, who plan to build multi-monitor configurations.

Read more.
http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/uncat...lay-with-144hz-refresh-rate-and-amd-freesync/

Sounds like this might be well worth checking out. I am really looking forward to seeing Freesync in action. If it is as good as G-Sync, then we are in for a treat. :)

It's a little weird that they opted to use the TN panel for this one and not the same panel as the XB270HU

Of course it is understandable if they plan to release this one very soon, but can't release the AHVA one until much later.

If this, the upcoming Benq, and the Asus PG278Q all share the same AUO panel, do you think the issues that seem to be plaguing the swift will start popping up here as well?

If this, the upcoming Benq, and the Asus PG278Q all share the same AUO panel, do you think the issues that seem to be plaguing the swift will start popping up here as well?

What issues are plaguing the swift? TN panel issues?

What issues are plaguing the swift? TN panel issues?

Maybe plague was too strong of a word since I'm sure most people are still perfectly happy, but it's seemed like there might be just a bit more issues associated with the swift than with other monitors.

Maybe plague was too strong of a word since I'm sure most people are still perfectly happy, but it's seemed like there might be just a bit more issues associated with the swift than with other monitors.

Like what? I'm curious.

I think this post on overclock probably covers some or all of them. I think the one I've seen pop up the most is the weird blurry flickering text. I know the Asus Forum has a bunch of threads about various different issues so it doesn't appear to be a single thing.

Back