Kid Simulates "Racing" While Under Anesthesia

Forget core i7's, 580's, 6970's, and eyefinity/nvsurround. Anesthetics take enthusiast gaming to the next level!

Forget core i7's, 580's, 6970's, and eyefinity/nvsurround. Anesthetics take enthusiast gaming to the next level!

Ahh so that's what Michael Jackson was doing. Playing Home Alone with McKauley Caulking. I messed up his name I think.

Having had some good stuff from when I had my wisdom's removed 6 months ago, I can find this plausible. I apparently did some things (for hours after) that I do not remember, including shopping.

Considering that Ketalar (Special K anyone?) is used in the ER then it's very possible... Although the bigger question is that little thing about patient confidentiality...

Gas has never affected me that way, now the spinal for my knee surgery...

After that shot there were three clocks on the wall and they were bobbing up and down.

Having had some good stuff from when I had my wisdom's removed 6 months ago, I can find this plausible. I apparently did some things (for hours after) that I do not remember, including shopping.

About the same thing happen to myself a few years ago when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

My wife took me to Walgreens to pick up my pain meds. I do not remember ANYTHING, I can recall small bits of the nurse trying to wake me up, but i remember nothing about being at Walgreens.

[RIP]Zeus;1036617376 said:
About the same thing happen to myself a few years ago when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

My wife took me to Walgreens to pick up my pain meds. I do not remember ANYTHING, I can recall small bits of the nurse trying to wake me up, but i remember nothing about being at Walgreens.

God I wish I had that problem. My dentist warned the oral surgeon that I (and my family) have a history of . . . resistance to pain meds.

Knocked me out all right, wisdom teeth out (all 4), then they woke me up, and the meds were fully worn off within 5 minutes. It's a 10 minute wait in the "recovery" room to make sure you're awake enough to walk, and then it was a 10 minute drive to the pharmacy + the wait at the Pharma. Longest 30 minutes of my freaking life.

Hahaha that's funny! I was told from when I had all 4 of my teeth out, and when I went under to have a plate and 3 screws put in my wrist; after I woke up I was hitting on the nurses. I don't really remember any of it. I'm thinking that's a good thing.

I remember getting gas to remove 4 baby teeth when i was about 7- 8 or so, they needed to come out as they hadnt fell out and my adult teeth were starting to come through by that time.

What a major trip that shit was, all I remember is the dentist saying, count backwards from 10, I remember getting to 9 and then a red pig and a dentist masked up looking down on me went through my mind, the next time I remember anything is outside getting into the car and spitting chunks of blood out, I felt as though I had drunk a pint of vodka, I dont remember the journey home, I only remember spitting in the gutter as I was climbing/falling into the car.

I got put under to get my wisdom teeth removed. I remember started to feel quite cold in my arm where they had the IV needle in and I was watching them do final prep in the room. The very next thing I saw was them finishing up the last bits of cleanup. I had to sit for a short time before I could actually walk. I had double vision almost the whole way home. By the time I got home I was perfectly fine.

I wish I had some of the weird trips you guys had. The only thing that happened to me after I got my wisdom teeth removed was severe constipation. God that fucking sucked.

If that is not fake, that kid just became rich from the ensuing lawsuit in 5...4...3...2..

Oh and that practitioner's license is about to be pulled because this is the equivalent of gross willful patient record exposure and will be prosecuted under HIPAA compliance regulation.

On a lighter note, I remember them giving me laughing gas when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and the strange state of being awake but not caring about anything stayed with me. It was so very weird.

I also remember taking a bunch of hydrocodone after my knee surgery, till I could not feel the bed under me, that was a very trippy experience. Though I cant remember if I did anything loopy like this while under either drugs.. but hey, that's probably the nature of the beast. :D

I missed out on all this fun. My wisdom teeth were removed with local anesthetic, so I got to experience them being pulled from my face. The other shitty time was when my apendix blew and they had to put a drainage tube in my abdomen, just local anesthetic again. Experiencing a metal tube piercing into your abdomen is just as bad as you would imagine it being.

Yea same. I didn't get the gas treatment. Let's just say the local anesthetic didn't really do anything for me. I was in pain and miserable for quite awhile.

You guys didn't stop to think that maybe it was a friend or family member with the video camera? My mom made an entire album from pictures of when they filed my teeth down for veneers. I'd like to sue her, but she can't even afford a 12 pack of pepsi.

I had gas and anesthetic when I had my wisdom teeth removed, because the dentist knew I have a high tolerance to medication. When he started trying to wrestle the teeth out it still hurt like hell and I let him know it! A couple more injections later and I was relieved.

The first few days after that were excruciatingly painful. That definitely wasn't a fond experience.

I had gas and anesthetic when I had my wisdom teeth removed, because the dentist knew I have a high tolerance to medication. When he started trying to wrestle the teeth out it still hurt like hell and I let him know it! A couple more injections later and I was relieved.

The first few days after that were excruciatingly painful. That definitely wasn't a fond experience.

I woke up in the middle of minor surgery once. I sure let out a good stream of expletives when it happened. Felt like I was on fire inside me, not pleasant at all.

You guys didn't stop to think that maybe it was a friend or family member with the video camera? My mom made an entire album from pictures of when they filed my teeth down for veneers. I'd like to sue her, but she can't even afford a 12 pack of pepsi.

THIS.

What in the world made anyone assume a nurse was sitting there with a video camera? The first thing I assumed was parent, sibling, significant other. People have their friends/relatives tape stuff all the time these days, I wish I had mine taped just to see what exactly went on. When I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled, I had 'em knock me out, my mother was there the entire time, drove me to the pharmacy afterwards to pick up my meds, then dropped me off at my apartment.

All this talk about violating patient confidentiality and HIPAA is just dumb.

I'm with you guys, I had my wisdom teeth pulled while in bootcamp though with only local anesthetic...nothing like hearing a dentist say "we go much farther and we are going to hit a major nerve" to his trainee...then vicodin for 3 days with no extra sleep and a bloody ass pillow case.

It could have been anyone that was with him who just happened to have their cell with them, they probably saw what the dude was doing and though oh, I better record this to show him later or he wont beliveve me.

And yeah, its hilarious.

You guys won't trip from taking an opiate pain medication, unless you have some strange sensitivity to it the most you'll get is a dreamlike state. From gas however, which is Nitrous Oxide, it is a totally different drug called a dissociative so you might experience an out of body experience or mild auditory hallucinations from taking a high dose of it. Just goto any store and buy some whip cream in the can or the sex shop where they sell the cartridges bulk.

It could have been anyone that was with him who just happened to have their cell with them, they probably saw what the dude was doing and though oh, I better record this to show him later or he wont beliveve me.

And yeah, its hilarious.

Cell phones do not record the time/date like the video shows (represented by dashed lines).

I missed out on all this fun. My wisdom teeth were removed with local anesthetic, so I got to experience them being pulled from my face. The other shitty time was when my apendix blew and they had to put a drainage tube in my abdomen, just local anesthetic again. Experiencing a metal tube piercing into your abdomen is just as bad as you would imagine it being.

Like the time I had a cut so deep and wide on my finger to the bone, severed a major vein, they couldn't do stiches... soooo

Out comes the silver nitrate, to cauterize my wound shut. No painkillers of any kind, I knew it would be bad when the doctor called over 2 male nurses and said "Hold his arm steady" Uhhh! i manage to say just before he pours it into the wound.

Only time in my life I have seen RED from pain, litteraly all I could see was red, then they wanted me to lay down for a bit in case I fainted, alright im fine with that, he comes back over a few minutes later to take a look "Hmm I think we should put a bit more on it" I sat up, "Nope! it's good bye!" and walked out.

Family member filming or not, why a doctor would allow someone into the surgical area is beyond me. This may be a dental environment, not a 'normal' surgical one, but there are rules in place for a reason, sterile surgical procedures need to be adhered to at all times. It does seem so (family member) though, if this were by the doctors staff, or the like, it would not be put up on you tube in such a way, by the 'patient'. But they probably could, if the pt signed any kind of doctor disclaimer regarding using photos for educational purposes (doctor CYA form) or the like.

And to those that don't get HIPAA, look it up (ama.org). They are anal about their rules and regs. You can't even have patient sign-in sheets visible to other patients, that's a violation. Willful, or repeated violations of HIPAA can get you a $250,000 fine and 1 year in prison. And you have no recourse, in the case of the fines at least - they are administered by the HIPAA board/AMA themselves, not the courts.

Note: I worked for well over a year in a plastic surgery office (ft, on/off for over 10 years), with en-suite surgical facilities. While there as back office admin staff (closest description I guess), I had enough direct knowledge of this crap, it could make your head spin. On the sterility issue, permission to film or not, that's where I don't agree regardless of who this is filming. You bring one bug into the place, and you can have a big health department problem on your hands (believe me I know).

ps For anyone that wants a good paying job/business, there's creating/implementing HIPAA manuals, employee training, etc, routines. A person could easily charge a doc $80k a piece to do this stuff. The HIPAA rule book is nuts, and they add, subtract, change the rules every damn year (self test one, full inspection every two, surprise inspections possible at any time) - doubt any doc could handle it on their own... Hence plenty of plastic practices hire HIPAA officers (~$75k-125k/year; mind you I'm talking SoCal here), not many office managers have the knowledge to do so [personal experience]).

....... While I'm not squeamish about blood, I gotta say, seeing the human skull exposed (facelift, ~hairline to brow line) is.... an interesting thing. Also had a pt once that had their facial implants shifted, with the pt 100% wide awake/coherent (local *only*, usually solution of 1% lidocaine/epinephrine) - dude was so anal he wanted to be able to check himself out during surgery to make sure placement was right for him.

Tekara is right about having someone there to accompany you while the anesthetics take effect. I know from experience.

As for the rights of the guy being filmed, he's a regular reader of the website autoblog and submitted the video himself to them a few days ago. He's actually a good sport about it. You guys need to stop being so serious and just enjoy the show. As for me, being the car enthusiast that I am, I say his technique was epic!

That set looks like NOS to me.

I thin he is just high and having fun.

Can I have some of that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family member filming or not, why a doctor would allow someone into the surgical area is beyond me. This may be a dental environment, not a 'normal' surgical one, but there are rules in place for a reason, sterile surgical procedures need to be adhered to at all times. It does seem so (family member) though, if this were by the doctors staff, or the like, it would not be put up on you tube in such a way, by the 'patient'. But they probably could, if the pt signed any kind of doctor disclaimer regarding using photos for educational purposes (doctor CYA form) or the like.

And to those that don't get HIPAA, look it up (ama.org). They are anal about their rules and regs. You can't even have patient sign-in sheets visible to other patients, that's a violation. Willful, or repeated violations of HIPAA can get you a $250,000 fine and 1 year in prison. And you have no recourse, in the case of the fines at least - they are administered by the HIPAA board/AMA themselves, not the courts.

Note: I worked for well over a year in a plastic surgery office (ft, on/off for over 10 years), with en-suite surgical facilities. While there as back office admin staff (closest description I guess), I had enough direct knowledge of this crap, it could make your head spin. On the sterility issue, permission to film or not, that's where I don't agree regardless of who this is filming. You bring one bug into the place, and you can have a big health department problem on your hands (believe me I know).

ps For anyone that wants a good paying job/business, there's creating/implementing HIPAA manuals, employee training, etc, routines. A person could easily charge a doc $80k a piece to do this stuff. The HIPAA rule book is nuts, and they add, subtract, change the rules every damn year (self test one, full inspection every two, surprise inspections possible at any time) - doubt any doc could handle it on their own... Hence plenty of plastic practices hire HIPAA officers (~$75k-125k/year; mind you I'm talking SoCal here), not many office managers have the knowledge to do so [personal experience]).

....... While I'm not squeamish about blood, I gotta say, seeing the human skull exposed (facelift, ~hairline to brow line) is.... an interesting thing. Also had a pt once that had their facial implants shifted, with the pt 100% wide awake/coherent (local *only*, usually solution of 1% lidocaine/epinephrine) - dude was so anal he wanted to be able to check himself out during surgery to make sure placement was right for him.

...relax

Back