keep 5.1 speakers or go headphones

What do you listen to mostly? Movies? Music? Games? We need more input...

what is preventing you from keeping the speakers for music in your room/office and getting headphones for gamin. I have headphones for gaming b/c i am in apt, and the sub on my stereo is a 600watt JBL. Try throwing a grenade with that system and you neighboors will call the cops. anywho.. i'd stick with both.

yeah. just use the headphones at night. and during the day crank up the volume.

ive never used headphones for gaming
why is it better than 5.1 speakers?

Headphones usually sound more realistic than your average multimedia speakers. I reccomend for FPS games that you stick with the 5.1 setup.

if your ina situation where you need it to be quiet at times (like in an apt.) get a pair of those new 5.1 headphones

SFI said:
if your ina situation where you need it to be quiet at times (like in an apt.) get a pair of those new 5.1 headphones
If you are in a situation where you care about sound quality, dont. :p

i think im going to get
inspire 7.1 speakers
only 100 dollars and get an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum for 100 dollars from zip

paymepunk said:
what is preventing you from keeping the speakers for music in your room/office and getting headphones for gamin.
Why?

If you get good headphones it will be much better for music than computer speakers. Stereo is always a better way to go with music, surround sound is only good if you are watching a movie or if you want to use the surround sound effects in a game. ;)

I generally find headphones to be vastly superior to gaming, even on 5.1 setups. The positional audio seems to do a better job placing sounds precisely I find than the 5.1, where sometimes things sound funny if they happen to be emanating from a place that's "between" where two of your five speakers are.

Back