KB4100403 - causing problems?

fleggett

Gawd
I really don't know where to post this, but I SUSPECT it's an NVMe issue or some sort of storage driver problem.

Ever since I installed KB4100403, I've been having these extremely bizarre partial system hangs with Windows 10 1803. I say partial because some aspects of the system continue to respond while others don't. And then others will respond for a click or two, then hang, like Corsair Link.

Sometimes, the system will fully recover after 10 or 20 minutes, but only sometimes.

This problem is eerily similar to the behavior JayzTwoCents recently encountered with his test bench setup, where his SSD was randomly disappearing, but Windows would only partially freeze. His solution was to update his motherboard's bios. Unfortunately, I'm running a much older motherboard and, while it did have a bios update (which I applied), it didn't seem to fix the issue. I do have an NVMe drive (950 Pro).

Could the problem be KB4100403 related? I see where it supposedly fixed a power regression issue with NVMe storage, which gives me pause.

Uninstall it and see if the problems subside. It only dealt with issues with intel and toshiba drives afaik though.

I was a little leery about uninstalling it, as it seemed heavily intertwined with 1803. Think it'll be okay to chuck it?

Back