Just ordered my Droid Incredible -- any suggestions?

So...as a result of no iPhone on Verizon yesterday..

I just bought my Droid Incredible out of contact (with selling my Droid Eris and iPod Touch) -- It should be here by the 28th of June, but I'm curious if there's anything I should know about it (good or bad) that will help me get a better idea of my experience with it.

Any accessories that are must haves or recommendations?

Much appreciated! ;)

Depending on how much you use the wi-fi, how many apps you run and generally how much you use it you might consider the extended battery. Many people [heavy users] are not making it thru a day. If you're a moderate user you should be fine.

Ya - I'm loving mine so far - only issue is the battery life. On the stock battery with moderate to heavy use, mine was only making it about 6.5 hours on a single charge, which really wasn't acceptable.

Ordered an extended-life battery (Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery), and this one easily lasts 10+ hours of heavy use - I'm happy now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Love my incredible!

like the others are saying, a new battery (seidio 1750) if you will be 3g'n or app'n all day long.

a screen protector. i got the STEINHEIL crystal clear. easy installation (no air bubbles) and you cant notice it.

im still thinking about what case to get...for now, i got a cheap silicone case from ebay.

I ordered mine near the end of may and while I still have 8 more days to wait (coming in June 16th) I've been doing a lot of research about what to get.

For the battery there has been a lot of discussion over what battery to replace it with on androidforums. From what I have gathered, both the Seido 1750mAh battery and HTC's 1500mAh battery for the Touch Pro 2/Evo 4G/etc (model number: RHOD160 - user reports are saying that this battery might cause a slight gap between the phone and back casing initially, but the gap is hard to notice and it usually smooths out after a few days) have received a lot of positive reviews in terms of extending the battery life of the Incredible.

While it has been proven that the Seido does extend battery life over stock some people on androidforums are skeptical on how accurate Seido's battery rating is. The results from BatteryBoss's tests show that Seido's batteries run at approximately 80% of advertised capacity. Seido has refused to publish what percentage of claimed capacity they aim for; some users have rushed to their defense, claiming that the results are so poor due to BatteryBoss's testing strategy - he uses a constant drain technique instead of pulling power in short bursts like one would when actually using their phone. However, this does not change the fact that Seido's results hover around 80% while HTC's batteries produce ~95% of the rated capacity - HTC has confirmed that 95% is the standard they hold their batteries to. With that being said, I think it would be reasonable to look into looking into the OEM HTC 1500mAh battery however, if you find a good deal on either, well you might as well jump on it. If I've confused you [or just made you read a wall of text that you really didn't want to] I apologize but hey, at least the information is available.

A lot of people are also suggesting screen protectors. For the most part, it's the usual situation with any electronic device here in just picking your favorite brand (i.e. Boxwave, Steinhall, Martin Fields, Zagg, etc.)

As for cases, I haven't heard too much about them. The only thing I know is that the Gradient Red to Black case sold by Verizon probably wont stay pretty for very long. Someone reported getting sunscreen on it which started to eat away at the black part which lead him to find out that the case is a clear red with [apparently poor] black paint over it. There has been good posts about the Seido case with the exception of it being slightly squeaky; as for any other ones, I'm not sure as the Case thread has primarily focused on silicon cases (which I personally dislike so I ignored the conversation).

I hope I helped out a bit here, and waiting is going to be fun, hahah.

I just canceled my order from VZW -- I bought a **slightly** used one on Craigslist for $400 -- it's amazing!!

Back