Just joined Team AMD , Ordered a RX7800 XTX ASUS. Any tips from you guys?

poconopc

Gawd
I ordered the ASUS Tuf XTX , should have in a few days. Any tips from you guys?

I am upgrading from a 2080 TI.

be amazed how cool these cards run with these really nice coolers. it took a few years but we finally get the 1000 dollar card performance for half price:)

Display Driver Uninstaller -- Not sure if it's really enough of an upgrade, I would only expect like a 30-40 percent performance uplift in raster.

Last edited:
I have used Nvidia for many years now due to VR. My greatest joy after getting a 6950 XT for a HTPC build (went AMD due to trying out steamOS/chimeraOS for a while) is the control panel from AMD in Win 11. It contains everything you need for general tweaks on game to game basis on the fly. Nvidia control panel and also third party tools like MSI afterburner are a chore when it comes to game tweaking if to do it per game basis.

The AMD control panel is actually useful and almost fun to use, since I feel the reward is great for little effort when it comes to smooth gameplay (find target FPS for more even framepacing). AMD has its own performance overlay that can be brought forth with hotkeys. Settings like Radeon Chill can be set on the fly while inside game by using hotkeys. This is then automatically done on game to game basis. No need to locate exectutable (MSI afterburner) or dig through the list in the Nvidia control panel for the game. Profiles can be exported within control panel and then imported if doing clean driver installs. No need to do the work twice!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgBt9Y9aNk8&ab_channel=Panjno

Display Driver Uninstaller -- Not sure if it's really enough of an upgrade, I would only expect like a 30-40 percent performance uplift in raster.
Yeah, TPU shows 25% better raster and 15% better at RT so things that the 2080ti struggles with aren't going to be much better. $500+ seems pretty steep for that kind of performance when the 7900XT is available for below $700 and is about 50% faster than the 2080ti.

OP - Nice card though. Enjoy.

Let’s be honest some of us have upgraded to new cards for 5-10% performance increase just to have the new generation and we do it time and time again regardless of what we say. Enjoy your card OP. It’s pretty efficient and should play most current titles well. The value proposition literally changes constantly depending on pricing, availability and releases of newer cards. This hobby is addicting for a reason.

Last edited:
Back