Just got a new SSD and I'm looking for the best way to clone it...

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
Hi all. So earlier this weekend I picked up a new Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD. It's replacing an OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD namely because that SSD is running low on space and I use the OCZ drive as a Games drive not a system/OS drive. I'm learning by study that the Samsung Data Migration is not effective in cloning a drive other than the main system/OS drive. That if you use it on a secondary drive the results will not be what I would be looking for (a straight clone of only the Games drive).

Therefore, I got 2 questions regarding what I'm trying to accomplish here: 1. what is the best freeware cloning software for an SSD to SSD transfer where the SSD source drive is not the System/OS drive? 2. The SATA to USB 3.0 connector that came with my SSD kit from Samsung. Would it still be effective with whatever tool you can recommend? Thanks in advance for your answers and advice. Out!

You could just do a file copy, cloning is made for system drives, even if it should work fine with data drives.

You want your games to still work so after the copy/clone, put the new drive on the drive letter of the old one.

Back