Just Cause 3 setting P2 power state

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
Can anyone else with a 970/980/etc check on this for me. I was trying to figure out why this game seemingly performs so poorly and it would seem that the game/latest drivers are forcing the video card into a P2 power state. This results in an effective lowered memory clock of 1500mhz (6ghz) that is set regardless of what you have your clock set to in overclocking applications. Given that overclocking from the stock of 7ghz -> 8ghz is yielding up to 10% gains in a lot of games that means going from 7 ghz stock - > 6ghz is likely giving a 10% loss (Or more if the baseline is overclock).

This problem can be fixed by doing a vbios reflash, but i'd rather not do this.

Is anyone else seeing this problem with Just Cause 3, and/or is this a problem anyone has seen before that can be fixed without flashing the vbios?

can confirm.. no idea this was happening, it wasn't enough they didn't add SLI support, they had to go ahead and gimp the memory speed ?

Not only that but msi afterburner overlay doesn't work in the game...probably because they knew people would notice that bug then. I'll have to check. This game needs some serious polish.

Confirmed. No idea if it's drivers or the game but the fact that the game doesn't show afterburner overlay makes me wonder...

Last edited:
I have an old g15 keyboard so I get all my info on the keyboard display. It's the main reason I've held onto that keyboard for so long. I hate using overlays.

Back