Just Cause 2 $3 on Steam

Thuleman

Supreme [H]ardness
Not sure when the sale ends, probably Thursday (3/28), but at 3 bucks this game is a great buy!

Great deal for an awesome game. I bought way back when it was under 5 bucks.

Still waiting on JC2MP to be in an "open" beta. The 2 times I've jumped in on their test weekends has been pretty damn fun (though glitchy). Great price.

best open world mayhem game EVER!

its just too fun to steal a combat JET and hunt poor boats with it :D

jesus $3. everyone should own this game. SO much fun.

remember that "open, i can do anything and go anywhere" feeling you got the first time you played GTAIV. Multiply that by 100 and thats JC2

I really enjoyed this game. Do yourself a favor, fish around in the couch for the $3 and buy this game.

Just a note: I highly suggest acquisition of all of the DLC content as well since it's got some awesomely fun items like the jet-powered parachute, etc.

It's $8.39 for all the DLC on top of the $3. Frankly, $11.39 for that game is still a steal considering how many hours you'll sink into it.

Got this for free back when I bought my GTX 570. Totally awesome and I highly recommend to anyone why likes a good single player FPS, especially at a price that's less than a typical drive-thru lunch. Go hungry this afternoon and spend your money on this game instead! You can snack before and after supper tonight when you're playing it to make up for the missed meal. And you won't regret it. :)

Saw this...

Just Cause 2 only supports Windows Vista or Windows 7 and requires a video card that supports DirectX 10 or higher. Windows XP and DirectX 9 are not supported. Does not require a Games For Windows Live account.

That's BS right? Because I have Windows 8.

Saw this...

Just Cause 2 only supports Windows Vista or Windows 7 and requires a video card that supports DirectX 10 or higher. Windows XP and DirectX 9 are not supported. Does not require a Games For Windows Live account.

Windows 8 didn't exist when the game was released in 2010, so the description just isnt updated.

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I already own this on Steam but bought it to gift since it was an awesome deal. Still have not beat it yet though.

Played the first one and enjoyed it a lot. Never played 2. Probably don't need any more games, but for $3, it is probably worth it.

So much fun that I got the maximum 99.5% completion. Yes, I destroyed EVERYTHING, and won every race. That is one huge island, and there are no invisible walls or anyplace that you can't go on it. Just Cause 3 will be a day one purchase for me.

Only one warning; one of the story-line missions, Black Gold, has a bug which can prevent it from being completed, so don't take out oil rigs to the west before the mission, and keep a savegame from before the mission. Don't try to shoot up the oil rig with the plane because that plane is too fast for that kind of work; just jump out of the plane, land on the oil rig with your parachute, and systematically destroy everything destructible on the oil rig. If you die before completing the mission, go back to your savegame.

The XBox 360 controller is excellent for driving cars and strongly recommended for flying planes; for running around on the ground, flying helicopters and driving boats, the keyboard is much better than the controller. You can just switch between the controller and the keyboard without changing any settings in the game, it's smart about that.

As for the races, you can do them after the storyline. Just because they start you out in a particular kind of vehicle doesn't necessarily mean you need to use that vehicle; on some of them, you can buy a different vehicle using the black market before you start the race. I found that some of the airplane races were extremely difficult with the airplane they give you but trivial with the small helicopter. You should not upgrade the weakest airplane at all because you want it to be as slow as possible, but you should max out the small helicopter.

Saw this...

Works with Windows 8. Awesome game

Jc2 is my favorite PC game of all time, anyone who hasn't played should buy it pronto

Jc3 will be epic (I hope lol)

I picked this game up based on this thread. Hope it lives up to the hype...

Should I play 1 first to appreciate the story? Or can I skip it?

The game's not really about any kind of engrossing story- there's a storyline but its really more about the sandbox environment and the action. JC2 improves on the first in pretty much every way so I would say dont bother with JC1. As it is you'll be hard pressed to finish JC2 because the game world is so massive and its easy to get sidetracked from the missions and just screw around pissing off police.

I'm on the Steam android app and there's no clarification, but is all the DLC for single player?

Yes

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I sold my JC2 coupon when it was a bundled game so it's nice to get to play it for $3. Looks like my backlog is never going to get out of 2010-2011, which is just fine for my GPU. :)

+1 for an amazing game. It's literally one of those games that is like conceived by a 6 year old. So simple but stupendously fun. You can blow up almost every building go anywhere and best of all grapple and hang glide anything.

Buy this now. Ignore your girlfriend and blow up a small nation.

I'm quite impressed with how HUGE the playing field is. I didn't expect the world to be so big. And the parachute/grapple travel is so much fun!

Back