Just bought the NEC 2510A

Iconz

Gawd
Because I've learned to trust the opinions of most people in this forum, I just went ahead and bought the NEC ND-2510A burner from newegg for $89.99. It seems to be a wise choice. Anything in particular I should know or be sure to have? I'm by no means a computing n00b, but this is of course my first DVD burner. My first project is to burn a friend's wedding video (that I shot and am editing) onto DVD for them. Any comments or advice is appreciated.

**newegg should have a discount program for hardforum members, IMO, because we buy/sell so much for them. waddya think?**

Thanks, btw, who has the best prices on media? Or is best buy alright for that stuff.

Scour the hot deals forums. The one here is good and there are others at places like anand as well.... You can also use Pricewatch in conjunction with ResellerRatings.

MEdia - accaproducts.com and meritline.com come recommended.

Oh,dandragonrage, it's Taiyo Yuden and not Taiko Yuden.

I'm alos considering buying this excpet I have one question. Since this is the first time dual Layer is available, can I count it working right? I remember the first gen cd burners sucked, and pretty much the same with DVD ones as well. All I want it for is to burn my home movie on it and play on my dvd players and lend it too friends.
Thanks

Compatibility sucks so far. Even a lot of computer DVD-ROMs can't read burned DL+DVDs. I'd say wait.

My first backup went beautifully...mas bueno! DVDshrink is nice. Roxio Media Center won't detect my burner...phooey!

Its been awhile since I had bought a new drive of any kind, and this one is so quiet I had to double check that it was working.

Back