just a little update of my case...56k BEWARE!

Figured I need some new pics up....
But first, some refreshing of some old pics
skawttiecase1.JPG

skawttiecase2.JPG

skawttiecase3.JPG

skawttiecase4.JPG

Since then, I've added just a few things...first off, I ended up painting the CD burner to match the case....very pleased with that turnout. In addition, I filled up that hideous 3.5 bay with a Crystalfontz LCD, very nice addition I must say. And finally, I covered the inside of the case with some Power Snooze (www.powersnooze.com) to help kill some of the noise. :shrug: Nothing really spectacular for making the cover twice as heavy as it was, but oh well....it killed a little noise. :)
Now, for the new pics....enjoy! :)

skawttiecase5.jpg

skawttiecase6.jpg

and the LCD...
skawttieLCD.jpg

Oh yeah...and the window molding is here to stay, as much as that may dissappoint some of you...I don't know, just a personal preference for now. :)

I don't like the fat rubber molding and the baby color seems a little toyish... but overall it's a fantastic mod. :)

Originally posted by Slonik
I don't like the fat rubber molding and the baby color seems a little toyish... but overall it's a fantastic mod. :)

twas only a matter of time....yeah, I know, 99.64982% of people on here usually don't like the molding...including myself on Monday's, Wednesday's, and sometimes Thursday's. But I went to the auto store one day to find some thinner stuff, and they didn't even carry it? :confused: :confused: :confused:
So I figured for now it's staying...maybe someday when I have more time on my hands, I'll get around to it.

I normally don't like molding either but it fits in well with the black accents around the front. I think it actually looks pretty good on this case.

Originally posted by EQDuffy
I normally don't like molding either but it fits in well with the black accents around the front. I think it actually looks pretty good on this case.

I was just about to say the same. This is one of the few instances where I think it not only doesn't look bad, but it kinda looks GOOD. My vote goes for you to keep it!

Originally posted by ness1469
I was just about to say the same. This is one of the few instances where I think it not only doesn't look bad, but it kinda looks GOOD. My vote goes for you to keep it!

Thanks to the both of you on the compliments...:)

Yes, nowadays I can't have a case without a mirror finish paint job on it....i'm planning on doing one for my mom. :D for $3 mirror paint jobs ;)

How exactly did you do the paint job, like mostly what materials did you use. I am hoping to paint my shuttle just like that. Beautiful job by the way!

Back