Just a few things i've noticed/want to comment on

diredesire

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a few things i noticed, they've probably been addressed before, but i did a quick look through the feedback forums and didn't see anything...
Minor gripe: 10 char minimum limit. It's a good idea, but sometimes a 'wow' or a 'TTT' suffice (FS/T?) Again, minor gripe, and i can see how the benefits may outweigh the hassle.

In the WYSIWYG editor, the background is a dark gray, and the text is black. I LOVE the wysiwyg editor because you can on-the-fly italicize/bold text, which is how i usually type. But i can't see what the hell i'm typing... Should be an easy fix. Just thought you might have not seen that yet.

Also: Is there any way we can see more threads per page? I like browsing the FS/T a lot, and it moves fast, so 20 threads per page isn't quite sufficient... I selected '40 threads per page' in my user CP, but it still displays as 20... Bug?

Overall the new layout is cool, but (i know some others agree) the subject folders are way too specific now. There's a seperate section for freakin' everything! IMO, the new layout is just too 'busy'. I'm sure i'll get used to it, but i think SFF/HTPC coudl go in the same folder, and that alone could be a subfolder to the 'cool cases' (case modding should also go under this category).

I liked gen hardware at the top of the folder listing (please note these are just my preferences, and i'm not being picky, just voicing my opinion, maybe others will chime in and iperhaps popular demand will help win some chagnes over... i'm not bitching).
I think gen hardware was one of the busiest sections of the [H]|F, and thus should be at the top of the page. I dont think a few of the folders are even needed. (POWER SUPPLIES?! gen hard could EASILY cover that topic).

That's my take on new things. If you want to criticize/yell at me go right ahead, but please realize this is just things i've noticed... and i'm not saying i'm right, either.

Biggest gripe: Dark gray background w/ black text in the WYSIWYG editor.. (perhaps there's just a setting i overlooked?)

I agree on most points. Sections really do need to be cut down in Hardware, I dont really think computer audio, memory and PSU's and especially multiprocessings systems (not even 1 percent most likely own sone) need there own sections and should be under general hardware and If anything they should be in brackets next to it.

In the WYSIWYG editor, the background is a dark gray, and the text is black. I LOVE the wysiwyg editor because you can on-the-fly italicize/bold text, which is how i usually type. But i can't see what the hell i'm typing... Should be an easy fix. Just thought you might have not seen that yet.
has since been fixed. and no there is no setting for you. :)

A comment on the subforums, not many people like to click in a forum to find out there is another forum contained in it. I'm sure Kyle has it set like this so that all new members that have signed up, but necessarily have not "lurked" can find things easily. I know most lurk before actually siging up. If i was new, and didn't see a forum of interest, or had to look for a forum, i would kinda be turned off. Just an opinion.

That being said, I wouldn't mind the consolidation of a few forums.

diredesire said:
Also: Is there any way we can see more threads per page? I like browsing the FS/T a lot, and it moves fast, so 20 threads per page isn't quite sufficient... I selected '40 threads per page' in my user CP, but it still displays as 20... Bug?

if you note in your user control panel options page:

Number of Posts to Show Per Page

Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.

This refers only to your post/page views (showthread.php)

This does not refer to thread views (forumdisplay.php) in any way.

The setting to which you want changed is a global setting, that can only be made in the admin control panel.

i see tigsman, thanks for clearing that up...

As far as the dark gray background.. it's still there >_<

II can deal with it for on the fly italicizing for now ;D

Count me as one who prefers General Hardware at the top of it's category and General Software at the top of Bit's and Byte's.

One reason I can see for it not being at the top is because it forces newb's to read over the categories and might help prevent posts in the wrong forum.

Maybe putting General Hardware at the bottom like General Software would work for most folks.

diredesire said:
i see tigsman, thanks for clearing that up...

As far as the dark gray background.. it's still there >_<

II can deal with it for on the fly italicizing for now ;D
Ahh, i see, how odd, if you disable the enhanced WYSIWYG editor, the background is blue. :confused:

this is a file or template problem.

Neocorteqz said:
Ahh, i see, how odd, if you disable the enhanced WYSIWYG editor, the background is blue. :confused:

this is a file or template problem.
Yup, WYSIWYG editor colors is actually a coloring issue, there is seperate colorization for the wysiwyg editor.

They just need to update the font color for the wysiwyg editor class.

diredesire said:
(POWER SUPPLIES?! gen hard could EASILY cover that topic).
:eek:

Dire when I see you friday at the meeting, you're getting a beat-down for that comment! :mad:

I enjoy the more specific subforums, simply because it helps get better answer. People that know about memory will frequent the memory forum and give good answers. Etc.

Vertigo Acid said:
!:eek:

Dire when I see you friday at the meeting, you're getting a beat-down for that comment! :mad:

I enjoy the more specific subforums, simply because it helps get better answer. People that know about memory will frequent the memory forum and give good answers. Etc.
Actually, i wont be going to the meeting. I'm not coming back next term/summer quarter.

I honestly do think that Power Supplies could be covered in Gen Hard. You can only say "good supplies are by Antec, Enermax, Fortron, Sparkle, etc)
Or "Will this be enough power for my setup?"

I have NEVER seen any advanced power supply issues around here, nor do i know anyone that could anser them (i know i couldn't).

And i see Kyle's seen this thread... were you able to get it resolved? The background is still dark gray here, good thing my LCD at home is a bit more contrasting than this crappy CRT (at work)....

Any hopes of resolving this issue soon?

I for one really would like to see the forum order back the way it was

Back