JU7500 Windows all being shoved to the top left of the screen

SuperMar1o

n00b
I followed Cyph's guide

Not a firmware issue but a Windows one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2625567/

To fix. In Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\COntrol\Graphics Drivers\Configuration

Find the entries that starts with SIMULATED and your monitor string. If you don't know which one, change all of them. Go to the first subfolder 00, and find the keys: PrimSurfSize.cx and change to hex "f00," and PrimSurfSize.cy hex value "870." That should change the default monitor size to 3840 x 2160 which will no longer resize and move your windows to the upper left corner.

and it's still not working, anyone got any suggestions?

I followed Cyph's guide

and it's still not working, anyone got any suggestions?

Did you change all of the fields? If you have multiple monitors, you will need to make sure you changed the right one.

Did you change all of the fields? If you have multiple monitors, you will need to make sure you changed the right one.

I got one monitor plugged in, I changed like 19 of them and it didn't work so I deleted all the other reg ententes that weren't Samsung and Simulated, nothing. So I downloaded CRU, removed the old monitors settings, nothing. So I went old-school and deleted everything under Configuration in the Regedit and rebooted, it restored one of them but ultimately not fixed. Searched the entire registry for my monitor's ID, found a bunch of other keys but nothing that looked like it would help.

I should probably mention this only seems to happen when the monitor is turned OFF. Not Sleep. I would assume these settings work for sleep, just not powered off.

So hopefully more people have gotten 4K monitors over Black Friday and someone might now have a reply to my issue. The windows arrangement issue only happens when the monitor is turned off, sleep is fine but I have not turned the TV off since I got it because of this issue. Anyone got a fix or something I should do to fix it?

Back