Jensun Huang Comments on the Viability of Streaming Games

So he knows it's a physics problem but yet spent god knows how many millions to work on it? He's not going to admit that game companies want this as the final form of DRM, which is the only reason Nvidia developed it.

View attachment 135202
The solution is to make you download 95% of the game and stream 5% of it. Zero consumer benefit to streaming and full DRM control and ability to adopt a full rental model . Win Win
:sorry::sorry:

That is not "special knowledge" I don't play CS:GO but I do understand the difference between servers that have 64 ticks per second or 128 ticks per seconds "in world".

It is if you don't have any idea what a "CS:GO" is. I can infer it's a game but whatever it is I've never played it, and no idea what 64ticks or 128ticks are. I'm assuming it has something to do with refresh times or something.

Red Redemption 3: now only on XYZ Streaming: millions will sign up to whatever service, no question. A few will be vocal about it sucking, the company will walk away with millions.
Lootboxes say hi.

Thinking about game streaming like watching Twitch or Netflix is the wrong want to think about it. The way image reconstruction is heading in 5 years a $200 box with a cheap arm processor and a pile of tensor cores will be able to take a low res image, or an image with selective details, and reconstruct it to good quality. Bandwidth isn't an issue. I'd also say that this type of tech is for the low end consumer and most of them will have 100+ms input lag TVs and likely won't notice the stream lag. Also, based on what Jacket Man is saying, I'd guess they will bring AI to bare here and "predict" what the player will do and pre-render decisions before the player makes them, or just force the prerendered frames if the input is close enough. If the prediction is good enough most people would likely never notice they aren't actually playing the game.
This very much. I think this is a perfect example were " AI" will actually work great ( i don't like the turm ai, but complex interdependent adaptative algorithms is harder to make it catch on, although CIAA is not too bad).. the computer will quickly get enough data on the most common choices/moves , and will get very efficient rather quickly i think.

It is if you don't have any idea what a "CS:GO" is. I can infer it's a game but whatever it is I've never played it, and no idea what 64ticks or 128ticks are. I'm assuming it has something to do with refresh times or something.

It is not just related to CS:GO...all games have "ticks":

It got exploited first in QUAKE I think...called "speedhack" when your FPS got to high...the physics broke.

Back