Jensen Huang announces Ampere prices

Anyone who spends $1300 on a graphics card, deserves it. You knew what you were getting yourself into.

I spent $800 on my Strix 2080 Ti OC so I’m good. Sold my Titan X Pascal for $500 so I took a minimal hit. I could’ve sold my card since I already knew Ampere would be a beast months ago but I plan to hang on to this card until 3090 12 GB or whatever they call it is released. Plus the frenzy will go in overdrive this Christmas when Turing is gone and the 3000 limited launch is sold out everywhere—then I’ll offer up my 2080 Ti for $600 ;)

I feel like I'm going to be watching Hitler and Spanish talk show guest for pretty much the rest of my life.

That's what he said. Hopefully benchmarks prove that unanimously.

I'm with DanNeely .. Goodbye GTX 1080. We'll be seeing used 2080Tis in the fs/ft forum here for $349 by new years :p
You will see many 2080 ti with the shrink wrap on them for 349 too, our Microcenter has a whole case of new 2080ti's for 1200 plus, no way anyone will pay this.

Checked on Amazon, prices range from 1200 to 2000 for 2080 ti's must be smoking something.
When the 3060 and 3070 drops they will be giving these away for almost nothing.

Retail prices on 2080ti will eventually drop but nowhere near that much this quickly. They aren't in need of the shelf space and if they are still within the term window with the distributor they will be returned for credit.

Yeah, I think people are pricing them far too low just based on idiotic emotion. The reality is that while the 3070 is great, it'll still be VRAM limited if you need to push 4k, and the increased memory bandwidth of the 2080ti will still allow it to do better in certain scenarios. If you're selling a 2080ti for less than $600 you're going to regret it IMO. It'll hold value as a good middle-ground between the 3070 and 3080 for those that need the VRAM, but don't want to pay 3080 prices or wait for a non-reference 3070 with more. I think $600 is even on the low end once we're in November and people want a card that can play Cyberpunk, and can't find any 3x00 in stock.

Last edited:
Back