Jedi Survivor is the best showcase of a looming problem for PC players

I'm about 17 Hours into the game. I restarted it so my buddy could see the intro. Frame rates at 4K, all settings maxed, have been nearly flawless. After disabling my E cores, the game has been almost perfect. That's not my problem.

My problem is that some of the jumping puzzles are so fucking unforgivable and insane that it doesn't matter what you have the difficulty set to. No save points in sight, I couldn't take a breather or I would fall to my death. There is a point on the laboratory moon where I started swearing, started yelling and swearing even more. Frame Rates were perfect, the FUCKING jumping puzzles are so absurd that you just wonder ho damn hard it would have been to just create a map that had normal traversal and great story. The greatest difficulty in the game is getting from point A to point B. I am having trouble typing this, my fingers are locked up, and after the last experience I will likely never revisit the game. Here's an example, you had to jump to one cable, then the next cable while in the air or you hit an electric spot that kills you, you have to do this frequently and if you miss you have to do it all over again. On the lab moon... You have to maintain a constant jumping, jump to pipes, jump to other pipes while being electrocuted and shot at run-jumping, grapple line, then wall run - jumping then opposite wall run jumping then back to other wall run jumping then other wall then grapple then wall run jumping and if you miss any of this couple minute sequence of hell you have to start it over. Thankfully there was an area I could get extra force shards at so I took a break, but restarting the sequence there is harder after you stopped to get the extras and there is no save point in sight. The end of this grapple, then jump to hope like hell you timed the jump perfectly your you fall to your death culminates in a perfect leap that forces you to wall jump back and forth to traverse vertically, only for you (as nearly as I can tell) hit steam vents every damn time and fall to your death before finishing the wall jump climb. There is no save point in this sequence of satan. I rage quit the game after playing for about 13 hours. Much of it was good, the jumping puzzles destroy your immersion in nearly EVERY area you encounter them in. Then there are the slippery slopes all over the game artificially barring you from going certain places until you finally realize you can subdue a mount (when they have been around you for hours)...

Only Cal has to do all the hard shit. Bode has a Jetpack and Merrin can fucking teleport...

Fuck this shit. Love the core gameplay and the story, but this shit is too much for my nearly 50 year old ass.
You are complaining about platforming in a platforming game?

I think Legendary Gamer just got old with his last post. Recall this is the [H] and it's all about pushing the hardware AND software to be as high as possible. Seeing the BS that is being pushed as a triple AAA game, we should absolutely push for that triple AAA experience. In it's current form, the game has real bad bugs that should not have been released.

We shouldn't be making excuses for these companies for a sub par experience. Play at 30hz? Ignore the cutscene pc sound problem? Ignore stutters on the PS5? What kind of suggestions are these?

Same mission statement, same problems:

"we are always striving to nurture a culture of creativity, honesty, and inclusivity where all of our team members are able to do their best work. You can learn more about the benefits and perks we offer here.

We hire passionate people from diverse backgrounds at all levels of career development.

Hey some of us defended this game a little at first... cause most of the tears seemed to revolve around the fact that the developer didn't put proprietary bits from a hardware vendor into a game. Seemed like people expecting that that hardware vendor should pay off every game developer.... and when they don't act shocked that developers don't really wanna burn their own $ adding vendor locked features.

At this point after the launch its clear this is a Cyberpunk level launch. Nothing to do with optimizing or leaving out vendor specific techs... this game was just not ready for primetime. I hear cyberpunk runs decently these days but who cares. I hope this developer gets things sorted a lot faster or the returns will be strong... and the level of who cares down the road will also be CP level.

Same mission statement, same problems:

"we are always striving to nurture a culture of creativity, honesty, and inclusivity where all of our team members are able to do their best work. You can learn more about the benefits and perks we offer here.

We hire passionate people from diverse backgrounds at all levels of career development.
We put the same mission statement on the posts for drivers and custodial staff… that is basically a blanket statement that a legal team wrote and is more of less a legal requirement.
I’m not sure what point you are trying to make but I don’t think this is accomplishing your goal.

Ok so I got it downloaded via EA Origin (free code) and installed AMD driver 23.4.3.

Thoughts:
-Vendor screens at the beginning had 5 fps. Loaded in full stutter. Off to a great start
-Fucking pathetic that UI is keyboard only. I can't use a mouse LOL
-I need to re-plug in my xbox controller cable each time, while in game, because game wont detect it otherwise. (I'm playing on PC)
-Opening section where you walk through the city in handcuffs performed amazingly well. In game doesn't seem to have an FPS counter to my knowledge, but 1440, dedicated fullscreen, all options otherwise on high/default, game performed very smooth
-Just when Cal was like 'you brought that yacht straight to me', game crashes LOL.
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] hr failed at D:/depot/r8branches/r8release/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Resources.cpp:467 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Will edit as this progresses

Edit 1:
-In EA Origin, clicked on game and did Repair
-Per a steam help thread, removed 2 .mp4s from swgame/content/movies. Probably didn't do anything
-I had to start all over (walking part). When I got the senator cinematic, I held spacebar and skipped right through it. That worked, 30 min later, no further crashes.
-I read that when you go to the planet jehda, there are tons of crashing. Only if raytracing is on though (it sure as hell isnt for my 6700xt)

Edit 2:
I just did another 30 minutes of playing (still on first level of night time Coruscant). Using AMD Overlay, my metrics are:

Graphics:
-Fullscreen 1440. High default, textures at ultra, AA, video effects, post processing at medium

Average FPS: 60-70 steady
CPU utilization: Around 25%
GPU utilization: 70-80%
Ram util: 15.4GB

I have to say, upgrading to my ryzen 7700x compared to my OC 6700K is huge. I knew that already, but here is the strange part: 60fps is way smoother on my ryzen then on my 6700k. 60fps there was choppy AF. If I wasn't 80-100+ I could easily tell, shit looked like 30. I'm rock steady 60fps now, but its actually pretty smooth.

Microstutters? Who knows. Unless this game starts crashing, or fps tanks, I'm currently happy with it. I am bummed about the super low cpu util though. Leaving tons of FPS on the table

Last edited:
I am in my early 50's and yeah the jumping puzzles remind me of Doom Eternal at times and why I started to dislike playing that game. I feel like I should have trained as a gymnast/trapeze artist so I could know what to expect.
Are you playing KB/ M or controller?

Ok so I got it downloaded via EA Origin (free code) and installed AMD driver 23.4.3.

Thoughts:
-Vendor screens at the beginning had 5 fps. Loaded in full stutter. Off to a great start
-Fucking pathetic that UI is keyboard only. I can't use a mouse LOL
-I need to re-plug in my xbox controller cable each time, while in game, because game wont detect it otherwise. (I'm playing on PC)
-Opening section where you walk through the city in handcuffs performed amazingly well. In game doesn't seem to have an FPS counter to my knowledge, but 1440, dedicated fullscreen, all options otherwise on high/default, game performed very smooth
-Just when Cal was like 'you brought that yacht straight to me', game crashes LOL.

Will edit as this progresses
DGXI removed or hung errors are mostly driver related and often when switching from low to high power states.

Games can trigger it, this game seems to have been coded by grad students from the B class so it wouldn’t put it past it as a possibility. But it’s probably a driver interaction.

I don't see how this is relevant. He doesn't like platforming games. A change in controller isn't going to change that.
Well ones easier than the other, I can't platform on a KB M and I'm a fair bit younger than him.

That part really makes me scratch my head. Not that the game would run better on one CCD, that makes sense, but that this is an AMD sponsored game, and they didn't have the game itself ask the OS to do that. Like I can understand (though not defend) why it might not be as well optimized with Intel's new heterogeneous cores, but you'd think a sponsored by AMD game would be setup to work well with their own CPUs.
They even sell the cpu and game together as a promo.

Needs more than 16gb system ram at 1440p high fsr performance on a 3050 !?

Maybe it help but on that video the system never seem to reach 16 gig of usage, to note here it seem to be the exact same performance than say a PS5 around the same resolution with a 3050, 8 gig of vram and below 10% of cpu usage, so I am really not sure about the premise of this thread.

Maybe in the sense of looming problem for console and pc players, but the pc players paid more for the same.

Last edited:
I'm about 17 Hours into the game. I restarted it so my buddy could see the intro. Frame rates at 4K, all settings maxed, have been nearly flawless. After disabling my E cores, the game has been almost perfect. That's not my problem.

My problem is that some of the jumping puzzles are so fucking unforgivable and insane that it doesn't matter what you have the difficulty set to. No save points in sight, I couldn't take a breather or I would fall to my death. There is a point on the laboratory moon where I started swearing, started yelling and swearing even more. Frame Rates were perfect, the FUCKING jumping puzzles are so absurd that you just wonder ho damn hard it would have been to just create a map that had normal traversal and great story. The greatest difficulty in the game is getting from point A to point B. I am having trouble typing this, my fingers are locked up, and after the last experience I will likely never revisit the game. Here's an example, you had to jump to one cable, then the next cable while in the air or you hit an electric spot that kills you, you have to do this frequently and if you miss you have to do it all over again. On the lab moon... You have to maintain a constant jumping, jump to pipes, jump to other pipes while being electrocuted and shot at run-jumping, grapple line, then wall run - jumping then opposite wall run jumping then back to other wall run jumping then other wall then grapple then wall run jumping and if you miss any of this couple minute sequence of hell you have to start it over. Thankfully there was an area I could get extra force shards at so I took a break, but restarting the sequence there is harder after you stopped to get the extras and there is no save point in sight. The end of this grapple, then jump to hope like hell you timed the jump perfectly your you fall to your death culminates in a perfect leap that forces you to wall jump back and forth to traverse vertically, only for you (as nearly as I can tell) hit steam vents every damn time and fall to your death before finishing the wall jump climb. There is no save point in this sequence of satan. I rage quit the game after playing for about 13 hours. Much of it was good, the jumping puzzles destroy your immersion in nearly EVERY area you encounter them in. Then there are the slippery slopes all over the game artificially barring you from going certain places until you finally realize you can subdue a mount (when they have been around you for hours)...

Only Cal has to do all the hard shit. Bode has a Jetpack and Merrin can fucking teleport...

Fuck this shit. Love the core gameplay and the story, but this shit is too much for my nearly 50 year old ass.
I "lol'ed" at "sequence of satan"... 😂

I do hate unnecessary difficult pointless challenges tho, so not looking forward to what you described... im only 3 hours into the game, and half of that was me fucking around getting this POS to work and look good... lol. The core gameplay is fun so far tho, so im a little unnerved reading your take. Guess I'll see when I get there. Pushing 40 here, still do alright tho in games and loved Doom Eternal and its expansions which is arguably one of the fastest games around for reflexes... lol.

Interesting data points from a poster on AT:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/the-8gb-not-enough-thread.2595331/page-30#post-40997340

Namely, a screenshot showing the game running on a 2500k with a 1070. 32 fps, 30ms frametime. Video clips/screenshots at the link. He also did a run with a gtx 970 and it didn't go too well due to vram. His run on a 12400 and 3060ti had the same problems on a 8600k with a 4070ti. All tests done at 1080p.

TLDR: This looks like a game programming issue than any specific hardware issues.

Interesting data points from a poster on AT:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/the-8gb-not-enough-thread.2595331/page-30#post-40997340

Namely, a screenshot showing the game running on a 2500k with a 1070. 32 fps, 30ms frametime. Video clips/screenshots at the link. He also did a run with a gtx 970 and it didn't go too well due to vram. His run on a 12400 and 3060ti had the same problems on a 8600k with a 4070ti. All tests done at 1080p.

TLDR: This looks like a game programming issue than any specific hardware issues.
Yeah, another reason this game screams for DLSS 3.0 and Frame Generation. Let these 4000 series cards fly and negate this shit coding with raw power. Worked wonders in MSFS2020 and it would here too. But naw... let everyone run like shit instead....

Are you playing KB/ M or controller?
Xbox Controller. I don't totally dislike platform games, but sometimes the game developers overdo it. I don't recall watching Star Wars and seeing the Jedi doing all these gymnast moves to just get around. Throw in a puzzle and some platforming here and there and call it a day.

Again I am thoroughly enjoying this game so no real complaints here.

This game isnt just a PC port problem. The console copies are terrible too.. It's just an unfinished game.. This is like a developer build lol
Weird how I'm playing it and it's not terrible. Sorry nVidia didn't sponsor this game for you because we all know Cyberpunk had zero issues at launch. DLSS was flawless, and tne ray tracing! The ray tracing was so good I can't wait to walk to into any club that has this oversaturated mess:
1682881448896.png

This game isn't even half as bad as the Cyberpunk launch (played that game too). You see EA offering refunds? Discounts? Any lawsuits? GTFOH.

Last edited:
I think gameplay and performance are 2 separate things...Jedi: Survivor and Last of Us PC being 2 great examples...excellent gameplay worthy of a 9/10 but crippled by performance issues...how much weight should be given to technical issues versus gameplay?...what happens if the issues are limited to 1 platform over the other?...does every reviewer need to make a separate review for each platform?

too many variables...it's easier to grade the game across all platforms with gameplay being the most important criteria...performance also improves over time with patches etc...does every review need to be re-reviewed months later?...gameplay will always trump everything else as the most important factor in a game review

I think gameplay and performance are 2 separate things...Jedi: Survivor and Last of Us PC being 2 great examples...excellent gameplay worthy of a 9/10 but crippled by performance issues...how much weight should be given to technical issues versus gameplay?...what happens if the issues are limited to 1 platform over the other?...does every reviewer need to make a separate review for each platform?

too many variables...it's easier to grade the game across all platforms with gameplay being the most important criteria...performance also improves over time with patches etc...does every review need to be re-reviewed months later?...gameplay will always trump everything else as the most important factor in a game review
It is a shame this has the performance issues across the board. The gameplay from what i've played so far is outstanding. It really expands on the last game, and this game is just so much bigger in scope.

Weird how I'm playing it and it's not terrible. Sorry nVidia didn't sponsor this game for you because we all know Cyberpunk had zero issues at launch. DLSS was flawless, and tne ray tracing! The ray tracing was so good I can't wait to walk to into any club that has this oversaturated mess:
View attachment 567439
This game isn't even half as bad as the Cyberpunk launch (played that game too). You see EA offering refunds? Discounts? Any lawsuits? GTFOH.
Time to relax and take a day off, employees get weekends these days.

Time to relax and take a day off, employees get weekends these days.
Not employed by EA, AMD, or nVidia for that matter. But I view this latest desire for us to be stuck at 8GB forever to be anti-consumer. I view nVidia's latest social media marketing to be also anti-consumer. But if you would like to pay more for less then so be it. This game looks better than most games out there. If it didn't then there would be cause for concern. It's not a buggy mess or unplayble. Pushing for less VRAM, pushing for alternate rendering paths that claim to be "better than native" but aren't does not help consumers or the gaming community.

So am i animated about it? Yep. Probably because I don't feel like paying an extra $600 for a video card because of anti-competitive behavior. You want someone other than nVidia to compete? OK, then this is what that looks like, It means games will be developed that stress other elements than what the leader in the market would want.

Not employed by EA, AMD, or nVidia for that matter. But I view this latest desire for us to be stuck at 8GB forever to be anti-consumer. I view nVidia's latest social media marketing to be also anti-consumer. But if you would like to pay more for less then so be it. This game looks better than most games out there. If it didn't then there would be cause for concern. It's not a buggy mess or unplayble. Pushing for less VRAM, pushing for alternate rendering paths that claim to be "better than native" but aren't does not help consumers or the gaming community.

So am i animated about it? Yep. Probably because I don't feel like paying an extra $600 for a video card because of anti-competitive behavior. You want someone other than nVidia to compete? OK, then this is what that looks like, It means games will be developed that stress other elements than what the leader in the market would want.
The only thing this game stresses is people's patience... lol. I can think of a ton of games I am playing right now that look and perform so much better at the same time (at 4K too), there is no getting around this game is an unoptimized pile of poop. That being said, it IS a fun game, just needs to be tweaked and hopefully that one guy who hacked DLSS into a game figures it out for this one too. FSR and TAA in this game looks horrible. I had to tweak it off then use nvidia filters to make the game look so much better. Which works for me, but should not have to do that.

View attachment 567439
The game is fine from a game point of view.. It's just got optimization issues on PC and Console. As for DLSS and what not.. I game at 1080p. I don't need DLSS.. I only use it when i want my FPS higher then 90fps.. which is my min and standard these days. Also I barely buy any games new anymore because of these problems. So many games are just developer builds of the games rushed out. This is why they have such insane VRAM usage.. Cause when they develop games they use double the ram and vram while building the game then they optimize later.. Look at Console dev kits.. They always have DOUBLE the ram/vram of the REAL console. Nvidia and AMD shouldnt have to double there vram on cards because of lazy devs..

The game does not keep that close to 60 fps on console despite running around a 1000p resolution in performance mode and it is a 30fps title at 1440p on the PS5-xboxX
Those (1000 for performance and 1440p for high resolution mode 30fps) were the announced max resolution far from the actual

play station 5
60fps mode: 648p to 864p (still goes down to 40fps sometime), we are back to 720p on consoles
30fps mode: 972p to 1240p (when you look at the sky, still goes down to 15fps in some scenarios)

That make it look like if almost all the better on console experience outside shader compile could be due to just how low it goes resolution wise, I doubt the 3700x with a 6700xt at 720p would have an harder time to keep it above 40fps at 720p when it get hard or reach 30fps in 1080p

Last edited:
I "lol'ed" at "sequence of satan"... 😂

I do hate unnecessary difficult pointless challenges tho, so not looking forward to what you described... im only 3 hours into the game, and half of that was me fucking around getting this POS to work and look good... lol. The core gameplay is fun so far tho, so im a little unnerved reading your take. Guess I'll see when I get there. Pushing 40 here, still do alright tho in games and loved Doom Eternal and its expansions which is arguably one of the fastest games around for reflexes... lol.
I am very fortunate that I got the game to run pretty good almost out the gate. Tried the 30FPS thing but the hitching was still there, for 4 hours. Restarted the game and disabled E Cores and took the breaks off the FPS limit and the game ran beautifully overall. I realize not everyone has a 1,000 dollar graphics card.

My deal is this. I played and won the 1st game. There were a couple hairy jumping puzzles in that game but nothing like this one. They went over the top trying to make the game SEEM LONGER by forcing you to traverse entire sections of the map as Jumping and climbing. The level of artificial difficulty injected by the jumping portion of the game is absurd. The maps SEEM huge because a magical slide of water or sand and rocks prevents you from climbing it to get to another area. If you don't have a mount, you can't jump to certain places. You're a fucking Jedi Knight. You should be able to traverse damn near anything yourself. No Jedi Speed... The puzzles in the first game were entirely doable. This one becomes infuriating after you've reached your objective only for the floor to fall out underneath you 50 times... I started swearing at the ridiculous stuff in the game. The desert Jedha that ripped off the sequence from Jedi Academy if you were on the sand too long you get eaten. That was annoying because it makes you take 30 minutes or more just to pickup all the secrets. Some secrets in the game (like this area) require you to die right after getting them. To me, that's retarded. It's leveraging respawn points. The Jedi Knight remake that some guy in Germany is doing on UE4 is amazing and if you die, you don't get the secret. Makes sense to me, his secrets can be a bit hairy but overall doable... and the guy is rebuilding the game from the ground up with all the exact sounds and score as the original and adding his own areas... Pretty amazing because the sample level there is just as big or possibly even more complex than Jedi Survivor. All the while requiring less jumping puzzles, more timing and speed puzzles. Still it maintains an incredible sense of verticality and range as you can snipe enemies across the map and in this game the gunplay elements are sort of lame. With 6 shots like a revolver and a recharge mechanic based on chopping people with your lightsaber. Kinda dumb.

If I find a cheat where I can fly, I am gonna do that. Otherwise, I am burned out on all the artificial difficulty. They said in this game you didn't have to go back to do things and to finish maps, they lied. That is total bullshit. You gotta go back 50 zillion times to find all the stuff. I got fed up and watched the video of the game in 4K and even many of those people struggled with the puzzles. Not just me.

Those (1000 for performance and 1440p for high resolution mode 30fps) were the announced max resolution far from the actual

play station 5
60fps mode: 648p to 864p (still goes down to 40fps sometime), we are back to 720p on consoles
30fps mode: 972p to 1240p (when you look at the sky, still goes down to 15fps in some scenarios)

That make it look like if almost all the better on console experience outside shader compile could be due to just how low it goes resolution wise, I doubt the 3700x with a 6700xt at 720p would have an harder time to keep it above 40fps or reach 30fps in 1080p

Yeah, that's exactly what I inferred. Someone on here was saying I lied about the downscaling. No way a console could maintain 1440P 60 FPS in this title especially.

I just did another 30 minutes of playing (still on first level of night time Coruscant). Using AMD Overlay, my metrics are:

Graphics:
-Fullscreen 1440. High default, textures at ultra, AA, video effects, post processing at medium

Average FPS: 60-70

I have to say, upgrading to my ryzen 7700x compared to my OC 6700K is huge. I knew that already, but here is the strange part: 60fps is way smoother on my ryzen then on my 6700k. 60fps there was choppy AF. If I wasn't 80-100+ I could easily tell, shit looked like 30. I'm rock steady 60fps now, but its actually pretty smooth.

Microstutters? Who knows. Unless this game starts crashing, or fps tanks, I'm currently happy with it. I am bummed about the super low cpu util though. Leaving tons of FPS on the table

Good grief, that reminds me of Doom Eternal BS between the good stuff. Tomb Raider puzzles were fun, DE were terrible. I absolutely hate mindless jumping puzzles. Maybe not a game for me.

Graphics:

Average FPS: 60-70

Yeah, I mean, 1% lows go a LONG freaking way to how smooth a game feels.

So I got off Coruscant and am on the next planet, game is smooth has butter for me now (was not the worst on coruscant after tweaking per below). 4K, FSR = Off, all settings maxed and FOCRED RE-BAR on, game forced to CCD0 on my CPU (5950X) a solid 80~90+ FPS, even when it dips, still feels very smooth with gsync. If I enable FSR, it hits well over 120+ FPS. The problem is, FSR looks like crap to me, I found the game looks so much better with FSR Disabled, TAA left on (set to 3 in .ini file) and then using nvidia freestyle with 50% sharpness / 20% Film Grain (whatever that does, dunno why it's called that, but cleans things up).

Once I spent what felt like a few hours configuring shit and settings to get it to run and look good, this game has become a lot of fun now.

I was puzzled how your slower cpu got such higher fps than mine, then I saw you have a 3090. Damn.

Weird how I'm playing it and it's not terrible.
It's all perspective. RTX 4090 owners complain that this game doesn't run 60 fps with max settings at 4k, but PS5 owners are fine with the game running sub 1000p at 30fps. The comedy just writes itself.

play station 5

That make it look like if almost all the better on console experience outside shader compile could be due to just how low it goes resolution wise, I doubt the 3700x with a 6700xt at 720p would have an harder time to keep it above 40fps or reach 30fps in 1080p

There goes the magically Kraken compression that boosts fps that stupid PC's don't have. People assumed the game runs 1080p 60fps on a console and didn't wait for benchmarks. We have them and it seems worse on console. Go figure.

Last edited:
The game is fine from a game point of view.. It's just got optimization issues on PC and Console. As for DLSS and what not.. I game at 1080p. I don't need DLSS.. I only use it when i want my FPS higher then 90fps.. which is my min and standard these days. Also I barely buy any games new anymore because of these problems. So many games are just developer builds of the games rushed out. This is why they have such insane VRAM usage.. Cause when they develop games they use double the ram and vram while building the game then they optimize later.. Look at Console dev kits.. They always have DOUBLE the ram/vram of the REAL console. Nvidia and AMD shouldnt have to double there vram on cards because of lazy devs..
As someone who did game development I can tell you that this is NOT correct. If it was the game wouldn't even load/work on consoles, nor are these "developer builds". If you're trying to say the game isn't 100% perfect, well welcome to game development none are. I know of bugs that can literally brick your console... permanently.

We've been past 8gb ever since 4K became playable. Now I do agree bugs get fixed much later ever since downloading games became a thing and EA is notorious for rushing games, but where things are stored, or how many cores a game is going to use is set in stone much earlier in development and rarely changes. Your 4090 not getting 200 FPS is not going to make them change that. If the game can sustain an average 30 or 60 they are going to call it good, especially EA.

The main issue you're seeing is developers no longer storing 1080p texture packs. They are only storing either 2k or 4k (with 4k becoming far more common). Jedi Survivor comes in around 140 GB one of the biggest games to date, but it's not alone. All of the latest games are clocking in around 100+ gigs. As a result the fidelity in the game goes up even when using FSR/DLSS and they only have to carry around one texture pack. What do you think they are going to do?

It's all perspective. RTX 4090 owners complain that this game doesn't run 60 fps with max settings at 4k, but PS5 owners are fine with the game running sub 1000p at 30fps. The comedy just writes itself.

There goes the magically Kraken compression that boosts fps that stupid PC's don't have. People assumed the game runs 1080p 60fps on a console and didn't want for benchmarks. We have them and it seems worse on console. Go figure.
I think people don't realize that when Gsync, FreeSync, FSR, and DLSS come together a lot of things become far more acceptable than before. DLSS/FSR are not designed to give you better than native results, they are there to give the impression you are watching a higher fidelity image than you really are. That sounds the same but they are not.

There goes the magically Kraken compression that boosts fps that stupid PC's don't have. People assumed the game runs 1080p 60fps on a console and didn't want for benchmarks. We have them and it seems worse on console. Go figure.
Game doesn’t use it, they opted to go with LZ4 Block instead so they could use the same assets for all the consoles and the PC. Which baffles me unless they had originally planned on there being a PS4 launch that got scrapped along the way. Because there are better options if you exclude the PS4 from the list.

This fix has worked amazingly well, getting over 60fps now.

For a 4090 you can turn settings higher than in the post above, he has a 3080:
Override AA in the Nvidia Control Panel, use game specific settings for Jedi Survivor and use these:
View attachment 567149

Then edit the GameUserSettings.ini file in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\SwGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
These are the settings to set: The AA set to 0 since it's being overridden (Setting 0 probably doesn't matter). ResolutionQuality is likely the primary fix, followed by correcting all of the resolutions (3 of the 4 sets were lower than my screen resolution), and setting it to use the DesiredScreenHeight. The Fullscreen modes not sure, the game was already in Full Screen, but they haven't hurt anything. Once done make the file read-only or the game will lower Resolution Quality back to 50.

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseDesiredScreenHeight=True

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.00000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.FoliageQuality=3
sg.ShadingQuality=3

[/Script/SwGame.SWGameUserSettings]
Gamma=1.700000
DeficiencyType=NormalVision
DeficiencySeverity=0
bUseVSync=True
bUseDynamicResolution=False
ResolutionSizeX=3440
ResolutionSizeY=1440
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=3440
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1440

WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
FullscreenMode=1
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=1
PreferredFullscreenMode=1

Version=9
AudioQualityLevel=0
LastConfirmedAudioQualityLevel=0
FrameRateLimit=237.00000
DesiredScreenWidth=3440
DesiredScreenHeight=1440
LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenWidth=3440
LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenHeight=1440

I kept Raytracing enabled. FSR Quality looked ok but didn't give any noticeable performance boost, so went back to Disabled. FPS is now 55 to 65. There's likely more work the game needs, but this is quick and easy and makes a significant difference, considering previously I was seeing 18 to 44fps.
Don't know why you wouldn't run anisotropic filtering x16 on everything in 2023.

oh btw, at 1440, going from AA High to AA Medium results in the same image. I tried looking at edges and whatnot, didn't see a difference. i mean, if you do a zoom in side-by-side sure, but my almost 40 year old post-lasik eyes can't tell the difference

Last edited:
Good on them for being proactive. Would be bad for EA if Disney takes notice but thinking on it I bet this game had its internal budget slashed in 2021 when Disney told them they wouldn’t be renewing that 10 year exclusive deal they had for the Star Wars franchise and that they would be partnering with… Ubisoft… I’m not sure if that’s better…

Back