JB PS3 4.00?

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Alright i've used google, yahoo, forums, etc... can't find anything that remotely helps.

All these websites claim to have the JB software for PS3 4.00 but all of them require you to go through endless pages of surveys and potential malware to get the software and then you never seem to escape the endless spyware pages.

Can anyone here recommend a valid and working PS3 JB for software 4.00?

I have a blu-ray burner now and I want to make archive copies of my uberly expensive game collection so my nephew and other children family members can play games when they come over and I do NOT have to worry about scratching the originals when they manhandle them.

Thanks!

Doesn't exist.

Must use progskeet or E3 downgrader to downgrade to 3.55 and then flash MFW

tangoseal said:
I have a blu-ray burner now and I want to make archive copies of my uberly expensive game collection so my nephew and other children family members can play games when they come over and I do NOT have to worry about scratching the originals when they manhandle them.

Right.

Well lucky for you that PS3 games have a scratch resistant coating, so you don't need to bother with this little project. ;)

Right.

Well lucky for you that PS3 games have a scratch resistant coating, so you don't need to bother with this little project. ;)

I thought that was PS1 games. As far as I can tell PS2 & PS3 games don't have that coating but I never really thought about it. I know that Blu-Rays can be very finicky with scratches though, which the PS3 definitely uses. :confused:

I thought that was PS1 games. As far as I can tell PS2 & PS3 games don't have that coating but I never really thought about it. I know that Blu-Rays can be very finicky with scratches though, which the PS3 definitely uses. :confused:

no...blu-rays are considered by far the most protected disc based media as far as protection against scratches etc goes. Not sure where you have your info from? Perhaps propaganda from the HDDVD war days?

I still wouldn't trust a $60 game in the hands of kids, no matter the age. I freak every time I see my 4 year old trying to handle one of his or his brother's PS3 games. I don't think I'd go through the trouble of doing it myself, but I wouldn't exactly take the answer of, "Awww it's OK; they're tough to scratch."

If you really want to test the durability yourself, find/buy a cheap game. This way, you will be able to see if the disks are protected enough for you.

I still wouldn't trust a $60 game in the hands of kids, no matter the age. I freak every time I see my 4 year old trying to handle one of his or his brother's PS3 games. I don't think I'd go through the trouble of doing it myself, but I wouldn't exactly take the answer of, "Awww it's OK; they're tough to scratch."

People can teach kids to not be hooligans and disrespectful to stuff, and that doesn't cost anything.

Also how often do kids need to switch games?!? Some people make it sound like the kids all have a 15 minute lifespan and throw discs around the room like a Frisbee when swapping games. There are 3 kids in my house between 4 and 10 and we have never had a problem scratching game discs. Just some finger prints here and there (that many adults also cause...) and that is it.

I once lost a PS3 disk down the back of a radiator somehow...for months, it hot and cold cycled, and when it was finally found the person pulled it out with metal tweesers, sharp metal tweesers. It was caked in dust and general crap. But after that was wiped off it was scratch free and played perfectly! :p

You know you can order replacement disks from the publisher if you get desperate? (or buy the digital ones) :D

Bullshit

Don't they boot off USB drives anyway? If you are going to pirate, learn to do it right lol.

I once lost a PS3 disk down the back of a radiator somehow...for months, it hot and cold cycled, and when it was finally found the person pulled it out with metal tweesers, sharp metal tweesers. It was caked in dust and general crap. But after that was wiped off it was scratch free and played perfectly! :p

You know you can order replacement disks from the publisher if you get desperate? (or buy the digital ones) :D

PS3 disc left unattended for months, covered in dust, omg amazing that it worked when you cleaned it off? Wat?

This thread is just full of troll food..... move along trolls.

What Time2Kill said downgrade your PS3 and then jail break it and enjoy the comfort of having your PS3 able to play your backups.

Alright i've used google, yahoo, forums, etc... can't find anything that remotely helps.

All these websites claim to have the JB software for PS3 4.00 but all of them require you to go through endless pages of surveys and potential malware to get the software and then you never seem to escape the endless spyware pages.

Can anyone here recommend a valid and working PS3 JB for software 4.00?

Thanks!

yeah, as Time2Kill said, you need to use a hardware flashing tool (which aren't necessarily easy to use for most people) to downgrade your system back to 3.55 to be able to JB your system (to run homebrew and such). If you don't feel comfortable doing that, look around craigslist... I'm sure someone in your area offers that service for a fee.

With that said, a Custom Firmware DOES exist for 4.0, but it's not what you think it is. It will allow you to install package files for homebrew and that's about it. No Linux (AFAIK), Backup Managers or anything else like that.

As for buring your collection, it wont work. You 'might' be able to dump them to ISO files, but I'm not even sure about that since, I believe, their encrypted. I believe the way people have been doing it is via yellowdog linux on old ass PS3 consoles, since it can read the discs and can also dump them.

What you can do, however, is upgrade the internal HDD to something large, jailbreak your console... then just copy your discs directly to the HDD via a Backup Manager (MultiMan is easily the best out of the bunch). From that point, you shouldn't need to them again... but some games don't work (there are game compatibility databases online that'll point you in the right direction). Also note, that some games will require a modified eboot file to play on the older firmware and a lot of newer games just wont run on it at all, since they require API's and such from the most recent SDK (which FW 3.55 wont have)

Oh: just FYI... I've never actually tried copying a disc to the internal HDD as my Bluray drive is smoked. I'm just going by what I've read/heard from others

If you have any other questions, just ask. The way that most of the info gets passed around that scene, it's not easy for a noobie to pick it up and understand exactly what they have to do and whats currently possible/impossible. It's more geard towards scene developers and people that have been activly following it for a while.

Back