Java Messes Up Windows Graphics

Rabid Yellow Dog

Limp Gawd
I first noticed this when doing some programming in java with Eclipse, but it happens whenever something java is running like yahoo games.

when a java applet or app is not running, text looks like this:
show.php

when a java applet or app is running, text looks like this:
show.php

as you can see, java blurs graphics (this happens with everything on screen, not just text)
anybody know why this is?

edit: crap, the image server is messed up, ill reupload the pics tomorrow but still, java -> blurry windows, why?

im pretty sure my java is 1.4.2 but i guess i could reinstall it. Whats the difference between j2se 5.0 and 1.4.2?

Would you happen to have a Nvidia video card by chance? I think I get the same thing you're talking about. You can usually clear it up by opening up the java control panel (right click on the java icon in the system tray) and then clicking on OK to close it.

I think its a bug with the nvidia drivers. I read something about it before but not sure and there's no fix that I've come across.

Phase said:
Would you happen to have a Nvidia video card by chance? I think I get the same thing you're talking about. You can usually clear it up by opening up the java control panel (right click on the java icon in the system tray) and then clicking on OK to close it.

I think its a bug with the nvidia drivers. I read something about it before but not sure and there's no fix that I've come across.
I do have an nvidia card, but I don't have a java icon in the system tray.

Ok you can also bring up the Java Control Panel by clicking the Java icon in the Windows Control Panel.

Back